Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Mon, Mar 31 2014 6:47 AM

I've so missed Marlene's stories!  Her new puppy sent this to share with our furbabies.

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Mars wrote:

Hi my New Friends,
I am my mom's new puppy, Rhett Butler!  I am a black poodle just like Ms. Cricket but I am a boy!  Let me tell you I am so tired of hearing how sweet and mellow Ms. Cricket was. Oh my, she was an angel compared to me. 
I run through the house at break neck speed and jump on all the furniture; it drives my mom positively insane. I follow my rules, mine! I do not need the red car because I can fly through the air like superman.
Train me?? Are you kidding me? She hired this trainer that told her I was not mentally ill but just a normal puppy and that I had a lot of energy and was an alpha male.  HA HA HA HA  I could have told her THAT for free and a few treats. 
I heard about the furbabies parties and I think we need some.  We have this pool, but do you think she lets me go in?  No, No, No.  When the heat hits Arizona, I have news for this woman, I am jumping off the diving board and swimming like a fish. She has BBQ's in the backyard also-so we can grill some burgers, steak and salmon.

Can someone please explain to me why I have to sleep in a kennel every night?  I know Ms. Cricket did not. I think Ms. Cricket was a sissy girl. I am a real Man. I can do anything. I run with the Big Dogs. 
I know some tricks- I can sit, come (most of the time), and I am getting better at not jumping up on people and shake and Kayla (Adam's GF) can get me to lay down--only because she is cute.  Hey, I am no dummy!  And then she will pet me!
This is a picture of me when I was 5 month old. I am 9 months old now. Please ignore that stupid bow the groomer put in my hair --it was my first grooming.  She didn't know any better.  I set her straight my next visit. I told her I don't do BOWS, I am a Man. And if you try to polish my nails, I will bite you.  
Please come and visit me, we can run in the greenbelt. I run there all the time. And I don't come to mom all the time when she calls me back. She gets really mad then. Oh well, life is tough sometimes. : )

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 4,605

So funny! I have a 5y/o male spaniel after years of thinking I had to have the females because "they were calmer" than the males. Not!! He has proven that I shoulda' gone with the boys many years ago!! He is now very laid-back, and really a snuggly, handsome dude! But, he too had his moments when he was a pup, so there probably is hope for this handsome firbaby. He should settle down over time... maybe??!! haha. Enjoy him. Their companionship is well worth all of the puppy-crazies!     

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 11:18 AM

thanks for sharing, nancy, I miss marlene and her stories, too.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 135
Karen D replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 3:35 PM

He reminds me of when we got our Max.  All black and so cuddly.  They are our precious pets.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 4:37 PM

Yes, Thanks for sharing Nancy. Big hello to Mars. Tell her thank you for the story and best of luck with her new furbabie... 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

So sweet

MODESTO, CA.
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,840
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 9:05 PM

Cute little pup.  pets just add so much to our lives I remember years ago with our golden retreiver she went in the bathroom tugged on the tpaper and went runningthrough the house i guess you would've had to seen to believe she strung it everywhere.  thanks for posting pic.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,280

Hello Furbaby,

I must own your twin .  Your twin here is over two years old and he has chewed up every seam ripper we own,. He also chewed up the cord to a new iron.  It was a good thing that it wasn't plugged in.  He also pulls tuff out of the garbage.  Good grief!  He's the black sheep of this family, but in class he earned the Star puppy title.  He's the star of destruction.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 9:12 AM

My furbabies are twin female Basset hounds named Sweet and Sour.  They are 2 1/2 years old, and have chewed up 2 couches, more shoes than I can count, Buried my watch in the yard, after stealing it off the counter, and taken the socks off my feet!  They are a slim trim 85 ponds each, and still sleep piled on top of one another.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Oh I love seeing photos of fur babies!  I have a maltese and a long haired rescue dog that's had a haircut!  They both keep me busy, they think they are royalty!!  Hope everyone shows pics!  Love to see!   The ones I have seen on here are so freakin cute!  I love poodles, but after mine passed away 7 years ago,  I couldn't bear to get another, there was just no way, he was the most beautiful chocolate toy poodle!   Ok I wanna see you alls too! Isabela is my Maltese and Missy is the rescue, we call them white and brownie for short! And a few other descriptive  verbs and adjectives! Lol 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Flo:

My furbabies are twin female Basset hounds named Sweet and Sour.  They are 2 1/2 years old, and have chewed up 2 couches, more shoes than I can count, Buried my watch in the yard, after stealing it off the counter, and taken the socks off my feet!  They are a slim trim 85 ponds each, and still sleep piled on top of one another.

Flo can we see photos?  Love to see!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Just wanted to post a pic of my sisters Old BOXER NAMED Keyla ! I took this at Christmas in Texas.  It makes me smile every time!!  What a big clown!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Ohhh one more!!  This is my Sons pup, it's a girl but they named her Jaxson after his favorite football team Jacksonville jaguars !   Men!! Lol. I made a mug rug this weekend patterned after her!  I have too much time on my hands I think!   My grand pup!  She lives in Alaska!My mug rugMy muse!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 1:23 PM

Candis, your dogs look so cute.  Here is my beloved Tyler,  gone now about 3 years.  He didn't like it when I had to travel for work, so if I left the car door open for just a minute while packing, he'd jump in and was difficult to get out.    No dogs now.   Just Fluffy to entertain us.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 1:42 PM

Can I email you the pic to post?  I can do that from my phone, but i don't have a camera(it broke) and I don't know how to hook my phone to my laptop.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use