Top 10 Posters

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 17,150
Brigit-Carol Posted: Sat, Mar 29 2014 12:04 PM

Enough is enough!  I came down with a cold when in Branson a month ago -- my first in 4 - 5 years.  It morphed into a cough, which is standard for me.  I seemed to have gotten over it, and then got sick again.  Doc says it's allergies, but I don't "do" allergies, at least not usually.  Now he's decided I might have a secondary infection so I'm on antibiotics.  In the meantime my sides hurt from coughing, and I feel really wimpy.  Also not something I "do".  Pits!

Why am I writing this here?  I have no earthly idea except I want to complain to someone.  I know lots of people are down with bad allergies this year, and I have to say I am gaining a renewed respect for people who battle this for months on end.  I don't like it.  I don't like it at all! 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 12:14 PM

Brigit-Carol, I hear you.  It is the pits to get something that you normally don't get, but then to have it come back and bite you again is just a bit too much.  I hope the Doctor gave you something to quiet the cough, at least at night.  I went thru a period something like yours, and it didn't let up til after the Doc gave me something to at least quiet the cough at night so I could get some rest..  Hope you are feeling tip-top soon.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,408
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 3:16 PM

Complain away Brigit, we're here for you.  It is the pits to get a cold and have it turn into that dreaded cough that hangs on forever.  Feel better, my friend.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 7:25 PM

I'm sorry Brigit, sending feel better prayers your way

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,350
Kathy replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 8:45 AM

Sorry to hear you are feeling miserable.  Even if you are not allergic to it, pollen is so bad this year that even those without allergies to organic materials (tree/weed pollens) are having a difficult time which then is turning into infections in throat and sinus'.  I do not have organic allergies but everything else bothers me (chemicals) but pollen is still driving my nose and lungs crazy.  Hang in there and hopefully it will be over soon.

54492-230-1AD8886A16FF218CCF368CBD2CFFD258

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:57 AM

feel better soon.  I know asthma gets me down at times.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,980

Brigit, you feeling any better?  I figured that beautiful new machine you got would cure you!  Have you tried her out yet?   

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 895

Feel better! I really know what you are going through. I just read a book about "Sick and Tired of feeling sick and tired" I just can't seem to get rid of a sinus and bronchitis infection. Just keep after your Dr. and get some relief. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,125
Pat A replied on Fri, Apr 4 2014 9:51 AM

Brigit-Carol.  I sympathize totally.  I think I just got over something like that.  Started out as a headcold;then went to my chest.  There were times I could hardly breathe; chest finally loosened  up and back to my head and then my sinuses.  I took various allergiy and cold medications, and Mucinex (which is the only thing that really worked as it helped loosen up my chest).  I was ready to go to the doctor but didn't feel well enough to take myself.  So hang in there.  In time, it will go away when it is good and ready.  (Encouraging aren't I LOL)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,280

Brigit Carol,

I'm sorry to read that you're not feeling all that good right now.  Complaining comes natural  when you're feeling awful long enough.  I never just to complain until I had surgery in 2012.    It would be wonderful IF we could turn the clock back and make a better choice, or avoid going to that one place.  But since it's not  possible we people complain from time to time.  I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Marianne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 7:52 AM

Sorry you're under the weather, Brigit-Carol.  Hope the cold/allergies clear up fast.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 12:51 PM

Try having allergies, asthma AND pollen in the 4000 and higher numbers. Then throw in "controlled burns" by the forest service in a circle around us. Talk about can't breathe!  I don't do Spring very well. Not to worry, ladies, this too shall pass.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,635

I'm right there with you between my 14 different medications and Lupus am in a constant fog.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 711
Points 13,885

First, let me apologize. I am not saying none of you has a right to feel awful. I have debated for a long time about writing this. It bothers me when anyone says they are "tired of being sick."  Twenty years ago, after not being able to work for a year due to serious health problems, my husband said he was so tired of being sick. He died that night from heart failure. Then, after five years of congestive heart failure, coding twice, and going through prostate cancer, my wonderful boyfriend said he was tired of being sick. He died less than a month later. So, please, just don't ever say that you are tired of being sick. Again, my apologies to everyone.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,305
MizPat replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 2:20 PM

Carol, I can totally understand your wariness of "tired of being sick". My former mother-in-law made that remark to my ex and she died a week or so later. Then my mom said much the same and she too died shortly thereafter. My sons lost both grandmothers within three months, eight years ago and I miss them both every day. Isn't it sad that a simple remark can have such an adverse impact on those of us left behind?

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use