Sign in troubles AGAIN!

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750

I cleared chrome history (do that often) and still couldn't get on. I had to switch browsers (to IE) and log in.  No issues logging in with IE, moving fast and all seems good.  Now all my bookmarks are in chrome....ugh!!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 4:43 PM

On Google Chrome clearing the history is not the same as emptying the cache. They are separate options. If you click the triple lines then select "clear browsing data" you'll get a box with different options. Empty the cache and/or clear cookies to reset the browser.

Make sure you know your login passwords if they automatically load. Clearing cookies (small files website install on your computers in order to remember your info) may delete the password from the browser.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,064
Points 21,335
Carol W replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 5:32 PM

Thanks for posting this info! My daughter helped me clear history and now I can actually sign in and so far it has let me stay signed in and I have all my groups back!!  Yesterday I had no groups and had to sign in every time I changed pages.  I sure hope this works now!  Thanks again!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,002
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 7:34 PM

You're welcome Carol. Glad it helped.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

Thanks Kris. I too cleared Chrome. I'm in this morning!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,030

I only use my iPad for QCA, haven't had much problem in awhile except when they went down for maintenance the other day, I could get in but couldn't post anything! At least they are trying! I appreciate that so much!!!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 690
Points 11,855
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 10:18 AM

I could not get all day yesterday. I had to laugh when I saw the message, " report tech issues here on this forum" ...I could not get on to report the issues.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

Zoetc49, you can also email them at admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com  

I was surprised when they actually got back to me that same day.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,750
erindipity replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 10:25 AM

Today I can get in using both browsers. I am glad to finally see some progress, maybe I will renew subscription this year. 

Thanks for the help ladies!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:20 PM

Several of us are having difficulty signing in. The FRUSTRATION in the chat on our Facebook private group is mounting. PLEASE give us a phone number that a person answers.

PLEASE don't let this wonderful site die to its premium members.

I've written emails with no response... at all ... not even the automated one and I speak for many.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

I couldn't log in for two days.  Finally clicked on "forgot password" 

True to their word, within 15 minutes, I got a new password and was able to log in.

First thing I did was change my password to what I wanted.  Their passwords are always so challenging to enter

Now I am just crossing my fingers that it remembers me so that I don't have to log in each time.  I guess I have been spoiled for too long that when I click on my favorite it takes me to the group I most frequent and I can then go where ever I want.

I hope QCA can turn around.  I will miss it if it doesn't survive.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 7,690

Roxana:

Several of us are having difficulty signing in. The FRUSTRATION in the chat on our Facebook private group is mounting. PLEASE give us a phone number that a person answers.

Hi all,

I've seen that many of you are having issues signing in. I'm not sure the cause of these issues, but I can speculate they're related to the recent changes. The site isn't perfect yet, but it's more stable than it's been and it will continue to get better. As for the sign in troubles, I haven't heard from tech the cause or solution to these troubles, it sounds like clearing your cache helps the problem. Try that and please continue to be patient. This is a work in process.

QCA Sheyenne

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 4:17 PM

Thank you so much, Sheyenne, for responding. Could you try to talk to tech? There really are a great number of premium members ready to give up because of this sign-in problem. Please, please post what you find out. At the very least, we need to know you have talked to them. None of us seem to be able to get through.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 11,615
Judi replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 4:40 PM

I finally was able to sign in!  The site seems to just decide that a password is not working. I never received a phone call after leaving two messages.  I just don't like spending money and then to get aggravation.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

QCA Sheyenne:
As for the sign in troubles, I haven't heard from tech the cause or solution to these troubles, it sounds like clearing your cache helps the problem.

Thank you Sheyenne, for responding. I hope things do get better very soon. We've already lost so many who have gone elsewhere in sheer frustration. I don't know if they'll come back as they seem to have found a new home they are getting very comfortable with. I admit it is very lonely here on QCA without them. There is very little friendly chatter, posting of ideas, projects, suggestions and such. I also spend time on the alternate site but do hope QCA comes roaring back in all it's former glory before it's too late. QCA is still my first love but I don't know for how much longer I will want to wander around this semi-deserted place.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use