Let's make a (( HUG )). Quilt for THEA!!!!!

Page 16 of 16 (236 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 235 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,901
Points 180,503
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 7 2014 6:43 AM

Candis, I knew you had a good reason not to finish Thea's quilt.  My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.  Please post every now and then so we'll know you're ok.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 875
Points 15,405

WeeZee56 has offered to take over this project. Thank you so much!!  This is very sweet and generous of her.  I will be mailing blocks to her this week. Thank u all for your contributions and for your understanding.  

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,901
Points 180,503
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 8 2014 8:49 AM

WeeZee56, thank you, thank you, thank you! for taking over the Hug Quilt for Thea!  

And Candis, thank you for suggesting this quilt for Thea, she is certainly worthy of it.  My prayers will continue for you for better days, my friend, please stay well and out of harms way.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:59 AM

Glad you have managed to find someone to help finish the quilt Candis. Big hugs to you. xx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,600
Points 48,465

Candis and Weezee, thank you both so very much!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,636
Points 31,505
Marsha replied on Mon, Sep 8 2014 4:52 PM

Candis, we all miss you.  Take care of yourself and just handle which-ever sites that do not stress you.  I have stayed on here but haven't participated much.  The loyal ones are still here and those that tended to "stir the pot" - - - ?  I do miss some who have left and blame no-one.  Problems seemed to come from many directions.

Thank you so much for doing as much as you have done to get this quilt for Thea underway.  WeeZee, thank you for taking over.  I wish I could do it, but don't have the time or strength to handle something so big. (The ones I am making are Queen length but Twin width)   I ride in the truck nearly every day playing "rolling secretary"  to Rich and all the farmers in our area.  Our cattle (and other livestock trucking) jobs have taken over our lives!  I am still trying to finish the 6 quilts I am making for our grandchildren, grand-nieces and grand-nephews.  #4 COULD be finished except for the binding tonight.  I have to force myself to rest after each bobbin re-fill or I am paying in pain later.  Some days I can do 3 bobbin's worth at a time (yesterday) but others much less!  Hope to sandwich MQ8, quilt #5, tomorrow,  

I named my machine the lazy-man way - It is the made by Bailey's near here - a sit-down machine with a 15" throat.  She is BAILEY - easy to remember because she wears her name proudly.  I am very pleased with how she handles and have had no problems with breaking threads or needles, unless I do something STUPID!  Need to get back to my machine now or these quilts will never be done!

Thank you so much again Candis and WeeZee.  We are all anxious to see the finished product.  Thea, I am sure you are also waiting - - very patiently.  I agree you shouldn't have to assemble and quilt this quilt.  I wish I could do more, but you know my situation as well as anyone.  Have fun with that new machine.  Wish I could think of an appropriate name, but today just isn't one of my clearer headed days.  I am lucky to keep an idea in my head long enough to grab a pen and find paper to write on, even though my table is spilling over with "printed stuff".

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,413
Points 19,295

Candis -

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time right now. Please take care of yourself and my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 982
Points 12,135

Candis better times are ahead. WeeZee your the best. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 509
Points 6,855

Candis, I am so sorry to hear you are having health problems but totally respect your privacy.  I am also a very private personand prefer to deal with most things on my own.  Please take care of yourself and know that we are praying for you.  WeeZee, it is very nice of you to complete the quilt on Candis' behalf and for Thea.  Blessings to all of you.

Barbara

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,536
Points 46,800
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 15 2014 6:28 AM

Candis, I did check with you before on this quilt but it was mostly because I feared I had missed it. I am sorry you are going through a difficult phase in your life. I will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully, by the time you get to where you will be able to quilt again, your longarm will be ready for you.

i hope I didn't add to your stress by asking where things were. This summer was filled with many emotional moments in my world too and I haven't been on this site regularly. Being away for three weeks didn't help either. I hope you realize that many of us are very curious, specially working on a group project like that for someone special in our heart. I think we send our block and then sit and wait, wait, and wait to see how it turned out inside the final quilt.

take care of yourself. Be kind to yourself. I hope you will be energized soon.

Weezee, thank you for picking up the project. This is very generous  and kind of you.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 284
Points 4,400
hhhdmh replied on Mon, Sep 15 2014 11:48 AM

Candis, I just want to tell you I am praying for you and yes I am a very private person also. You are the one that gave me the courage to pertisipate (spelling) in the swaps. If not for you I would not have pertispated. (spelling) Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

God Bless

Page 16 of 16 (236 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.