Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,350
QCA Admin Posted: Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:28 PM

Dear Quilters Club of America Member –

First and foremost, thank you for your continued loyalty and commitment to Quilters Club of America. It is our pleasure to serve you with the very best inspiration and instruction and we are proud to have such a passionate and growing community of quilters sharing their love of quilting with us and with one another.

Today we would like to inform you of a few exciting changes that have been taking place with our company:

•        Our parent company, New Track Media, was acquired on January 17, 2014 by the leading enthusiast media company, F+W Media (www.fwmedia.com). For nearly a century, F+W Media has been focused on serving enthusiasts with the best possible products and services for artists, crafters, sewers, quilters, and more. The Company’s mission is focused solely on its enthusiasts, and the products and services consumers need to profit from their passion or achieve success – and now that includes YOU!

•        Your feedback is invaluable to us (and to F+W Media) and providing you a better online experience is our top priority. We have heard your call loud and clear and know that you have been frustrated with our Website. As you know, we have been working on this platform for many months and now looking at the site with a fresh set of eyes, it’s time to start over. F+W Media has an experienced and committed team of Web developers who are making it their priority to quickly improve the QCA Website.  We will keep you informed of details, release date, and new features as they become available.

•        Customer Service is also an area where we will make immediate improvements: we are ramping up our processes and expanding the team to better support and serve you.  If you need to get in touch, please email us at admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com

The benefits of joining F+W Media are many for our entire team – and we know you, too, will soon reap the benefits through these and other improvements. But at our core, do know Quilters Club of America remains ‘designed by quilters, for quilters’ and we thank you again for your patience as we work to provide you the best possible experience and service!  

Happy Quilting,

Quilters Club of America

• | Post Points: 155
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 345

I have to say I love Quilters Club of America.  Have we had a few problems, yep, what company or website doesn't?  Do we have incredible perks and discounts from many, many vendors?  Yep!  Is there always someone who is there to answer a question for me, no matter how dumb the question may be?  Yep!  Do I love to be able to read posts and see wonderful pix of members talent?  Yep!  Am I going to stay a paying member for a long time?  Yep!  I think we need to remain strong through any adversity the site may have, and just enjoy each other and share our talents and help each other grow!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:45 PM

I am so looking forward to the site being functional again.  you have the best working platform for quilters out there.  we have been exploring other quilting forums to find something that works for us, none of them quite measures up to QCA when it is working, and it has been a long time since it has worked smoothly.  

you need to understand that we have been given these promises before, multiple times, and are a bit skeptical.  I sincerely hope you will follow through with your improvements and you can get this site up and working again.   a year ago, when I logged in once a day, there would be three pages of threads to read through with multiple posts per thread,  now we're lucky to have ten threads in  a day with a couple of posts per thread.  it has taken me a week, to get onto the applique group so I can post the next block in our quilt along, and now I couldn't get on that group this morning.  we are frustrated, but a lot of us have stuck it out, hoping the fix would get done.

good luck, I hope this transition goes smoothly and quickly for you and for the members of QCA.   I am happily anticipating a renewed QCA.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 47,640

Well said Gini. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,801
Points 123,045

I'm afraid to feel hopeful, but I do. I echo others who say QCA is the best quilting platform around or, at least, it used to be.

Keep us informed along the way and you'll find we are a much happier group. Left in the dark, not knowing what progress has been made, unable to log in and share our passion with other quilters and we tend to get a bit......cranky.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40

Gina, I just started back to QCA today and sorry to hear about the problems. Here's hoping we'll see improvements soon.

Hello,  I'm judy from Springfield, Mo, a great grandma(5) and grandma to 12 or so. My husband and I had six children. He passed away July 5th of this past year. We had 50 great years together and I miss him everyday. I haven't sewn since he passed away and I must get back and look to the future as it is. Quilting is the very best therapy for me. I've been looking at quilt patterns. My young grand-daughter Morgan,(4) wants me to make her a quilt with lots of sparkling stars.

I didn't know where to put this type of introduction letter so here it is! Hoping you have a fantastic afternoon and thanks for listening to me.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40

Hello to another JUDY. Glad to meet you. judy from Mo.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:23 PM

QCA, I am hopeful that the improvements that are made are for the quilter and that we don't get a lot of advertisements on here - if this site is for the quilter by the quilter then it needs to be a whole lot better.  It is very frustrating to try and get on and not be able to or once you do to have the pages work as though they are in quick sand.  I love the site and have been here since its inception and doubt I will leave anytime soon but I have found other places to spend the time I used to spend here.  It is very frustrating when you want to find an answer or post a new block or post a new thread and you can't.  I very much look forward to the site working the way it did in the beginning... I, also, look forward to writing to QCA and getting and answer to the question and not an automated reply - or to have someone answer the phone when you call.  

We truly have lost a lot of members that were regulars that were unable to get anyone to answer the phone or an email.  

I do, however, thank you for the wonderful place that you have attempted to make for those of us who are addicted to quilting!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:41 PM

QCA Admin:
We have heard your call loud and clear and know that you have been frustrated with our Website...we have been working on this platform for many months and now looking at the site with a fresh set of eyes, it’s time to start over.

QCA Admin:
Customer Service is also an area where we will make immediate improvements

Thank you for hearing us!

QCA Admin:
We will keep you informed of details, release date, and new features as they become available.

I hope so!

If and when the site is working, I will happily becoming a paying member once more.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 9:56 PM

Hear, hear! Everyone has hit the nail on the head.  QCA, we're glad you are listening and I, for one, hold you to the promise of improvements. Like Nancy, I will not renew my premium membership until this promise is met and I hope it is so I can continue to enjoy this site as it was for a long time.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Hello Judy and Welcome!  I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can tell you that getting back into doing what you love and enjoy will bring you some comfort. I just recently rejoined QCA and have picked up quilting again - I even bought a pricey new Babylock Aria machine so I am committed. Committed to feeling better and moving on. My heart goes out to you. You know what I do when I'm feeling down? I go feel some fabric! Don't tell anyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:35 AM

kristiofca:
You know what I do when I'm feeling down? I go feel some fabric! Don't tell anyone!
Fabric Fondler's...Unite!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:47 AM

I agree with the others here.  Although I have not really had time lately and have sort of lost track of several QCA Friends, I have kept membership and slip in once in a while.  I just hope the new company sees the value in having this type of site.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 3:38 PM

I'll be checking back from time to time to see if website issues have been fixed.  So far I see no improvement still having problems when i can log in there is always the error message etc.  ...

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 638
Points 11,010
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 6:11 PM

It's getting sooooo FRUSTRATING !!! 

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use