Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Thu, Feb 6 2014 12:11 PM

The overriding fear I have is that QCA will cease to exist. Yes, we've been trying out other quilting website with mixed results, at least for me. Maybe because it's familiar but I still like QCA the best. At least when it was working.

Now it's endless frustration. I no longer see as many friendly "faces" as I used to. Quilters who used to post several times a day, sharing their projects, their tips, their friendly banter are largely missing.

QCA, I really want to stick with you. Please, convince me I'm not throwing good money down the drain with my premium membership. Convince me you're not just collecting memberships knowing you are about to go down the tube. Convince me you really are working on a new platform and taking steps to fix things.

Convince me, don't continue to give me the "party line" until one day I wake up and you're gone.

Please.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 12:26 PM

Judy I agree I don't see quite a few faces I used to see when I first joined.  I enjoy meeting new faces too but miss some of the ole regulars.  Has anyone heard anything from Barbara?  Wondering how she is doing.  

I haven't been on as much lately either.  Lot's of issues going on personal wise.  

Joyce

from Maryland

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,375
Points 48,770
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 1:18 PM

Joyce, I have been wondering about Barbara also.  She used to post on facebook a lot, but she isn't even doing that right now, so I have just doubled up n my prayers for her and hope she surfaces somewhere soon.   I miss her.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660

I miss Barbara too. and where o where has our dear Spud gone?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 2:46 PM

Both gals can be found on Facebook in some of the quilting groups.  Spud just joined our private QCA-alternative FB site.  Do you know her name to recognize her?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 4:17 PM

Thanks, Nancy, I was thinking about those two myself . Please tell Spud to get on QCA as I do not have  facebook.   Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 10:14 PM

Ditto what Judy said.  This site saved my life after I lost my DH and DD 3 months apart.  I can't lose all of the lovely people who have become my on-line family too.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

MNnancy:

Both gals can be found on Facebook in some of the quilting groups.  Spud just joined our private QCA-alternative FB site.  Do you know her name to recognize her?

Nancy, I've been unable to access anything on this site for about 3 weeks! i would love to be added to your FB group, but am afraid that I won't be able to get back to this message to get the info. My name is Karyn Ashley-Smith, my email is karyn AT TheStylishHome DOT COM would you please get in touch with me? I'm missing this group!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 80
QCA Shelle replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 11:04 AM

Good morning QCA members!!

We would like to ease your minds about waking up and the club being gone.  We have had a very tough year!  On January 17th of this year, we were bought by FW Media. They are VERY excited to get QCA back on track but also to make it a much improved and smoother track!  QCA and customer service are the 2 top priorities at this point.

Please look FW Media up!  They have been publishing for about 100 years and have been a leading presence online since 2006.

Here is the announcement that they released just last week:

Dear Quilters Club of America Member,

First and foremost, thank you for your continued loyalty and commitment to Quilters Club of America. It is our pleasure to serve you with the very best inspiration and instruction and we are proud to have such a passionate and growing community of quilters sharing their love of quilting with us and with one another.

Today we would like to inform you of a few exciting changes that have been taking place with our company:

»

Our parent company, New Track Media, was acquired on January 17, 2014 by the leading enthusiast media company, F+W Media (www.fwmedia.com). For nearly a century, F+W Media has been focused on serving enthusiasts with the best possible products and services for artists, crafters, sewers, quilters, and more. The Company’s mission is focused solely on its enthusiasts, and the products and services consumers need to profit from their passion or achieve success — and now that includes YOU!

»

Your feedback is invaluable to us (and to F+W Media) and providing you a better online experience is our top priority. We have heard your call loud and clear and know that you have been frustrated with our Website. As you know, we have been working on this platform for many months and now looking at the site with a fresh set of eyes, it’s time to start over. F+W Media has an experienced and committed team of Web developers who are making it their priority to quickly improve the QCA Website. We will keep you informed of details, release date, and new features as they become available.

»

Customer Service is also an area where we will make immediate improvements: we are ramping up our processes and expanding the team to better support and serve you. If you need to get in touch, please email us at admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com.

The benefits of joining F+W Media are many for our entire team — and we know you, too, will soon reap the benefits through these and other improvements. But at our core, do know Quilters Club of America remains ‘designed by quilters, for quilters’ and we thank you again for your patience as we work to provide you the best possible experience and service!

Sincerely,
Quilters Club of America Team

We hope this helps to ease some of your concerns about the club.

I, we, all look forward to enjoying this club with you again!

QCA Shelle

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 280
Points 5,325
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 12:06 PM

No it does not ease our concerns. I have not been able to access this site on my PC in over 3 weeks....I have to use my phone...very frustrating! A letter with no results does nothing to renew my faith in this website. I have not seen anything to make me feel confident that any upgrades are ever going to happen. 

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 2:01 PM

I love chatting with all of you I am learning so much.  How can I get to the FB account??

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

I have been having more trouble than ever getting on the QCA site since the letter about the changes was posted last week.   Makes it hard for me to feel confident in 'things are going to be better" when I'm having more trouble than ever.  

I guess the next question should be is "When can we expect to experience some positive changes in the website?"  

I too have been visiting the 'other' sites, but haven't posted much on them.  Typing is difficult these days and learning how to move around in the other sites is proving difficult for this old brain.  I'm having trouble keeping up with where my quilting family has gone, and I really miss everyone!

I have tried to locate the FB page, but haven't been able to find it.  Is it by invitation only?  Any help locating it and getting accepted would be appreciated.  I promise I'll behave myself if you let me join you!  Or...at least I promise I'll try!   

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 7:40 PM

Same message, but now it is from QCA Shelle.  Her 3rd post.  Is she Sheyenne's replacement.  This is not reassuring at all.  No new information.  Actually most of it is  just copied from the previous post.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 7:48 PM

Actually, it is getting worse by the hour.  I think it's totally going to crash.  Well, it already has several times.  But they manage to revive it, well, only parts of it. 

Shelle, can you give us a better estimate of when something will successfully, effectively be done? Any idea when we can get on our home pages?  I see you are new.  Please don't take our frustrated comments personally.  We are grieving for the way it used to be.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,535
Brenda replied on Wed, Feb 12 2014 8:05 PM

I just noticed that there are mall changes on the website.  Maybe they are actually working on it, lol.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use