• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 10:17 AM

Kris:

OK Granny M I'm moving in with you. LOL

Oh, wonderful, come on down.  Would love to have a quilting buddy. Shall I send you directions.

I sure hope this site is fixed soon, drives me crazy to type the same thing two or three times.  I am glad to see there are sill some of us old timers around.    Remember Mars?  I still keep in touch with her.   She dropped out of QCA some time ago.  She is a good friend even though we are at opposite ends of the country.  Hard to believe that now days we can have friendships with people all over the world. 

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 10:21 AM

Kris:

OK Granny M I'm moving in with you. LOL

Well this is the 3rd time I am trying to reply.    Come on down Kris, would love to have a quilting buddy.  Shall I send you directions to the house or just to the quilting studio.   Good to see you are still around.   I still keep in contact with Mars.  Remember her.  If they ever get this fixed I am going to try to talk her into coming back.

Hope this posts this time

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 16 2014 7:27 AM

Granny M:
Remember Mars?  I still keep in touch with her. 

I think of Marlene often!  Miss that gal!  I haven't talked DH into a winter vacation to the Phoenix area yet.  Would love to look her up!  (& Calley misses Ms Cricket, RIP)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 16 2014 2:10 PM

Granny M:
Well this is the 3rd time I am trying to reply.    Come on down Kris, would love to have a quilting buddy.  Shall I send you directions to the house or just to the quilting studio.   Good to see you are still around.

Thanks for the invite. Be careful; I just might show up. LOL

Granny M:
I still keep in contact with Mars.  Remember her.  If they ever get this fixed I am going to try to talk her into coming back.

That would be grand. I miss her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 16 2014 2:12 PM

I spent the weekend in New Hampshire and paid a visit to Keepsake Quilting. I told the owner all about the troubles on QCA. She was shocked and saddened to hear this. They, at the shop, hadn't heard of any of the problems members have been experiencing. She said she would visit the site this evening . I also told her about the new sites members have migrated to. I let her know that some people are even talking about boycotting her shop (guilt by association). She totally gets why we would want to leave QCA. Maybe other sponsors are in the dark as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sun, Feb 16 2014 5:07 PM

Two of the sponsors I contacted are no longer sponsors

i miss mars too, she has such good stories to share

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 8:17 AM

Granny M, your quilting studio sounds wonderful :-)

It's funny you mentioned Mars/Marlene - I saw someone's avatar with a poodle- like dog & I thought of Mars. This site certainly is different with all the people like her who posted so often & added to the fun.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 12:13 PM

I joined in 2010. My quilting friends here have laughed with me and cried with me. Talked me through tuff times and gave me tips on quilting, life, and love. Where I live quilting friends I don't have any but on QCA I have many. Times are tuff and we need each other. The are many new techniques to learn and we need each other. Come put this to right. We will stay, and want to. But the problems continue to grow. Many have already left our little band of indians. 

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

I have met so many wonderful ladies on this site who have become my dear friends. I sincerely hope that those dear ladies don't leave QCA. The other sites just dont have the same feel. Please, QCA, get things fixed for us.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 9:31 PM

Elaine Phillips:
I have met so many wonderful ladies on this site who have become my dear friends. I sincerely hope that those dear ladies don't leave QCA. The other sites just dont have the same feel. Please, QCA, get things fixed for us.

I agree Elaine. I'll be here.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,855
Brenda replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 9:35 PM

I have only been part of this site for less than a year and I already feel somewhat connected.  I found myself excited to read up and hear about what everyone was making and doing in their lives.  I miss the new friends and I too am staying.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

Elaine. I feel the same. I like QATW but like you said, just doesn't have the same feel.  I'm still desperately hoping QCA will return to us. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:02 PM

I agree with all the above. I miss QCA as it was. Facebook is ok too, as well as QATW, but neither give me the same feeling as QCA did. I can't get help with Admin though here. I'll keep hoping that it gets better. If it doesn't, I hope we stay connected with each other. You all have become very good friends.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,695
Points 179,553
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:25 PM

Me too, Kris.  I feel like my family is being split up but I plan on being here when we're all together again.  Hopefully sooner than later.

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 7 (101 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use