Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 90
Patty Posted: Tue, Feb 4 2014 4:57 PM

I am not getting access to the Premium Member area.  I've done EVERYTHING possible to access it to no avail.   I  joined QCA on July 9, 2012.  I DON'T have my viewing text on LARGE so that's not the problem.  I am getting renewal solicitations via snail mail about renewing my premium membership when my membership does not expire for another FIVE MONTHS!  Ridiculous!!  I can't access the premium membership area at all!!!  On my home page, I should be seeing the green premium membership area box in the left hand corner, however, all I see is the Upgrade to a Premium Membership Today box.  I tried calling their toll free phone number of 1-888-253-0203 only to get the "We're busy with other callers" message and to "Press 1 to leave a message and we'll get back to you".  Yeah, right.  To say I'm a little frustrated --- you've GOT to be kidding!  I emailed them at admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com and again, NOTHING!!!  Customer service is a joke.  Come on -- I renewed via my credit card last May 8, 2013 -- WELL BEFORE MY RENEWAL DATE of July 9th -- and have NEVER gotten a membership card, period.  At this point, I can tell you I will NOT BE RENEWING my membership!  I can think of better things to purchase with my $29.95.  If there's anyone out there from QCA monitoring this forum, PLEASE RESPOND!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 7:19 AM

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

use the above address to make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.   For company name put quiltersclubofamerica.com

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 405
QCA Karla replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 10:30 AM

Hi Patty, we sent you an email through fogbugz explaining the issue which occurred with your membership.  Your renewal membership starts today and your membership card is on its way.  You are set up in qnntv, you should use the same username and password for both qca and qnntv.com. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we  do apologize for everything.

QCA Karla

Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 405
QCA Karla replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 10:34 AM

Hi Patti, I show we sent you a new membership card on 1/6/2014. Is there anything else we are able to help you with?

Thank you,

QCA Karla

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

QCA Karla:

Is there anything else we are able to help you with? Thank you,

QCA Karla

QCA Karla

I'm aware you are probably just the mouthpiece of the company but you are our contact person so must bear the brunt of our frustration)

1. Thumping on the powers that be to keep the website up and running around the clock

2. Access to all areas of the websites, including Groups which we heavily depend on

3. Instead of pats on the head saying "we're in the process......", they need to be actually doing something. After over -1-1/2 years of "pats on the head" and vague promises I'm afraid we really don't believe anything we're told. The only thing we'll believe is results.

4. Customer service that really IS customer service

5. Instead of improvements over these past 18 months, it's gotten worse. I'm really beginning to believe we are being misled and there are no improvements being made at all.

6 Promises were made last year to keep us informed through QCA Facebook page when the site is down and what we could expect as to when it would be operational again. Hasn't happened. You begin to see why we are skeptical about believing what we're told?

I am well aware of the time it takes to get a new website up and running, I'm involved in one with one of my clients, a small non-profit with a complex website that is being updated. It's difficult and taking longer than expected. The difference between them and QCA? Customer service, actual progress, keeping everyone honestly informed.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 72
Points 1,230

Amen, Judy!! Could not have been said better. I am up for renewal in November. As it stands now, I will not be doing so. This site has been beyond frustrating, and I am weary of fighting with it. There is simply no excuse for this.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:27 PM

Karla, I never asked for a new membership card, and in the past month have received two.  I don't use it anyway but I do use this site, and it is very frustrating.   Spending more of my time these days on other quilting sites, and finding other places to connect with friends. 

I ditto what Judy has said.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 5:35 PM

Amen, Judy.  Let's see some progress, not just promises!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 6:15 PM

Have had nothing but problems the last couple of days... I am wondering if I should wait to renew..Dont want to waste my money..Home page is inaccessible as of late..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

QCA Karla, I sure am glad that I don't have your job! 

However, I fully understand the frustration that everyone here is feeling. QCA has been promising a lot and delivering nothing for a long time now. The latest announcement sounds great, so did all of the other promises. I am the office manager for a retail company with three stores. If we had the customer service record that QCA has I would be unemployed because all of the stores would have to close. I understand that overall our membership dollars don't mean a lot to QCA, but I would think that your advertisers would notice if your membership keeps dropping. Add me to the list of folks who do not plan to renew. There are fewer reasons to log on everyday. It is very sad, because once upon a time QCA was fantastic.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 776,790

Hi Judy  - I am not certain if you saw the blog post regarding the club, but here it is: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America

Dear Quilters Club of America Member –

First and foremost, thank you for your continued loyalty and commitment to Quilters Club of America. It is our pleasure to serve you with the very best inspiration and instruction and we are proud to have such a passionate and growing community of quilters sharing their love of quilting with us and with one another.

Today we would like to inform you of a few exciting changes that have been taking place with our company:

•        Our parent company, New Track Media, was acquired on January 17, 2014 by the leading enthusiast media company, F+W Media (www.fwmedia.com). For nearly a century, F+W Media has been focused on serving enthusiasts with the best possible products and services for artists, crafters, sewers, quilters, and more. The Company’s mission is focused solely on its enthusiasts, and the products and services consumers need to profit from their passion or achieve success – and now that includes YOU!

•        Your feedback is invaluable to us (and to F+W Media) and providing you a better online experience is our top priority. We have heard your call loud and clear and know that you have been frustrated with our Website. As you know, we have been working on this platform for many months and now looking at the site with a fresh set of eyes, it’s time to start over. F+W Media has an experienced and committed team of Web developers who are making it their priority to quickly improve the QCA Website.  We will keep you informed of details, release date, and new features as they become available.

•        Customer Service is also an area where we will make immediate improvements: we are ramping up our processes and expanding the team to better support and serve you.  If you need to get in touch, please email us at admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com

The benefits of joining F+W Media are many for our entire team – and we know you, too, will soon reap the benefits through these and other improvements. But at our core, do know Quilters Club of America remains ‘designed by quilters, for quilters’ and we thank you again for your patience as we work to provide you the best possible experience and service!  

Happy Quilting,

Quilters Club of America

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

QCA Admin:
Hi Judy  - I am not certain if you saw the blog post regarding the club, but here it is: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America

I did see it and it sounds great, very positive and, on the surface, good news. Thanks for the update. But we've been burned so often by promises to keep us informed, that new things were coming, to be patient, etc. So forgive me if I'll just take a wait and see attitude and not get my hopes up. Until things are again working like they used to "in the good old days", you may continue to loose members.  Has Admin noticed the huge drop in daily participation? We're trying to find other avenues where we can connect regularly. Not trying to pull members elsewhere, not my intention at all. We're just a bunch of really rabid quilters who need to communicate and share with each other.

So, my recommendation? Get it fixed sooner than later. And, above all, keep us informed of progress, problems and what we can expect.

Thanks for your communication with me. I appreciate it, even if it doesn't sound like it. We love QCA, it was the best out there. and desperately want it back.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 72
Points 1,230

8:13pm, Saturday. First time I've been able to get on all day, multiple attempts since this morning. The usual error message. I'd like to think the new F+W Media's "experienced and committed team of Web developers" are hard at it, working on the problems. But, not especially hopeful that is the reason. Just have to wait to see what happens here, I guess. And, in the meantime I am looking elsewhere for another group. Covering all my bases, as they say.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 10:01 PM

I don't plan to renew at the "premium" level until I see a new, improved site. My money won't make it any easier for me to log onto the site now, so why pay? I love the old QCA and hope the new site is as least as good.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 205

I read your first post and I am new here, but you did state that you hadn't received a card which to me translates to you requesting a card. Maybe that's not what you meant to say? 

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use