Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Fri, Jan 31 2014 7:35 AM

Sheyenne, please let the web gurus know that I can't get into my groups this morning. (I'm on Chrome)  I'd hate to have those down over the weekend as we are busy planning for two retreats at this time.

I can get to the main Groups page, but not into the individual groups.

Thanks.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 11:18 AM

I'm on Chrome too and I didn't have a problem so maybe it has been fixed since you tried, Nancy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 9:31 AM

I tried to give QCA a heads-up Friday morning notifying you of the problems getting into groups.  I'm very disappointed that nothing was done.  This makes it very difficult to get important information out to the retreat participants.  Our Branson trip is just 3 weeks away.  

Sheyenne, if you see this, you have not "experienced" one of our retreats yet.  Members come from all over the country (and Canada!), and we post oodles of captioned pictures that I'm sure entice other quilters to join QCA.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,693
Points 141,563

Iv'e been on Chrome trying all morning to access the site, groups and my p.m page. This is the first I've been able to get into even the message boards.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 4:21 PM

Sunday 4 p.m. - I'm getting on okay now.  It's slow, but no error messages.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 6:31 PM

I got into groups a couple minutes ago, and now can't.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140

I was just on groups. I'm anxiously waiting the next appliqué block from Gini. I know she's always having trouble getting on. The only thing I can't do is get to my home page. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 11:14 PM

I have found that I can sometimes get to specific retreat groups if I bookmark or save as favorite, the group page, such as saving in the retreats group "2014 Oregon coast retreat."  I can also do the same for my home page if I go to a conversation I had.  Once there, save that as a favorite.  How to get there to begin with, go back to your internet history and find when you were last there are click on it, the conversation that is.  Then at least I have been able to check out the different private messages I have received or sent.

So silly that I have to have separated book marks for  my private messages on my home page, for each specific group I want to access, and for  the message board.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:33 AM

Patti,  Sometimes that is the only way I can get in too.  Thank goodness for that back door.  Some days, even that doesn't work.  I'm here less and less because of the troubles.

Diana in East TN

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:45 AM

I just tried to get into "groups".   Nope.  Got that infamous blue "sorry" statement.  I say they must be using the same computer contractors that Obama used for the health insurance fiasco.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:19 AM

I just got on in the retreats group.  by going to my history, when last posted in 2014 Oregon Coast Retreat, and clicking on that. It is now saved as a "favorite."

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 1:35 PM

hmmmm.  everything is working again as it should be.  I wonder how long this will last?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,124
Points 386,837
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 1:42 PM

I haven't had any problems getting on the site or to groups. Perhaps it's because I read through email then click the link there when I want to say something. The only problem I'm having is with the "Post Pending Moderation" error. I figured I get it after posting three times in a row (spam filter?) but if I wait a little between posts I have no problem. Makes me walk away from my computer quicker than I used to and I've abandoned "What are you up to today?" and "Did you make a quilt today".

I'm really disheartened by the downhill spiral of this site. I was here from the start so I know just how bad it's gotten to be. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 95

I joined the Loyal Union Sampler Quilt group. When I tried to post I got an access denied message. I am not sure what I have to do to post

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140

I just received a notice in the mail that I need to renew my membership to continue receiving the Easy Quilts magazine. I threw it in the trash. I don't care that much for the magazine and I'm not renewing my membership as long as we can't access the site half the time. 

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.