Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30
grammab123 Posted: Mon, Jan 13 2014 6:14 PM

Hello, I am a newbie here and fairly new to quilting. I am looking forward to 'meeting' everyone. I finally got out one of many kits I purchased over the years. Directions were for instance, cut 25 med blue squares, +8 triangles + 2 small triangles. I cut the sqs + 4 more , then cut those in half, then with one more sq I cut that into fourths. Is this correct, not sure what to do with the triangles now. Thanks for any help you can give. Oh btw my name is Bonita aka grammab

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,969
gini replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 7:53 PM

Hi Bonita, welcome to the group.  I don't think we know if you cut your pieces out right, if we don't have all the directions.   What do your directions say?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 4,690

Nice meeting you grandma.  :-) 

Sorry, but I can't advise you what to do with the triangles.  I have sewn triangles together to make two toned squares.  I sewed the squares on a solid and that was supposed to be an easy quilt.  It just isn't easy to make all the seams match 100%.  I'm now an expert on how to use the seam ripper. 

Marianne

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30
grammab123 replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 11:23 AM

I must say over the years I am pretty handy with a ripper too. I am going to piece it to gether and hope for the  best. It said to do the triangles first. But when I cut it out if it said 5 squares of this color and 4 triangles, I cut the 5 sqs then cut 2 more sqs and cut them in half for triangles. I do not think this is right, but we will see. Thanks for the welcome, I am in WI, darn cold here and wind blowing 100 miles an hour. (Or so it seems) Have a happy sewing day, Bonita

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30
grammab123 replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 11:25 AM

I tried to reply in detail but it said it was a duplicate post, not havingmuch luck.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use