Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini Posted: Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:10 PM

http://lists.the-dma.org/market;jsessionid=8E0A05D7BB14B21B8AABDE0DB4FE5326?page=research/datacard&id=270159

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:23 PM

OMG!  Veeery interesting!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:33 PM

Well, that explains a lot of some of the e-mails I've been getting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:49 PM

I went to the sponsor page and am copying and pasting this to all their sponsors

This is regarding your sponsorship of quilters club of America, of which I am a member.   We are calling for a boycott of all the sponsors, by the QCA membership, until QCA Gets it's  act together.

For three years the site has been going downhill.  Today, the site is down more often than it is up, it takes several minutes for posts to show up, we get repeated error messages with posts not going through.  

We do not receive our membership cards in a timely manner or at all.   Admin does not respond to our problems in a timely manner and often not at all.   6 month is not an unusual wait to get benefits including the promised magazine.  

Spam is rampant on the weekends when no one is tending the site.

We have repeatedly been told for over a year, that we must be patient while the switch servers,   They only have three customer service reps to handle our issues.   They would only need three reps if members received what they paid for and didn't have to contact their customer no service to get benefits

Could you help us apply pressure to QCA,  to get their site  fixed?

Thank you

Gini Howard

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 1:02 PM

Gini, thank you for providing this information.  I will join the boycott.  Should we print a list of the sponsors we're talking about?  I will even send out a cancellation notice to the magazines I subscribe to with a note explaining why I'm want to end my subscription.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 1:07 PM

I think we'll also have to post comments to the sponsor's Facebook pages to make the point.  We should "unlike" the pages, too, but we should find out if our comments remain on their sites after we "unlike."  If our comments disappear after we cut our association, then nothing will have been achieved.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 2:26 PM

Oh that is so disgusting.   And it looks like one can never get off the list!  All we are is a commodity.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 2:33 PM

There is a tab up above.  It has 3 pages of "club sponsers."

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 2:49 PM

Yowch! I knew they marketed lists but this is ridiculous! 180 bucks for about  25,000 names!!!It does seem we are just names available for sale & not valued QCA users.

Thanks for posting this, Gini.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,929
Points 33,565
Roxana replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 6:08 PM

With 25,000 members, you'd think they could afford more than three Customer Service Reps! ...

Gini, thanks for sharing your post. I'll try to write a similar one when I can come up for air. Thanks again.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

WOW! Although it is not what we thought we were signing up for I am sure that it is not unusual. There are no secrets anymore. We have no right to privacy anymore I guess. I think I am glad that I don't know how much of this goes on. I will be printing a list of sponsors and boycott their products.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 9:33 PM

From the Home Page - Welcome to QCA - Frequently Asked Questions - Privacy Policy:

Privacy Statement
At Quilters Club of America, we respect your personal privacy. We strongly believe that preserving your online privacy is our responsibility. You do not have to register to use this Site, and the information we gather from you is primarily used to process your shopping orders, provide you with customized data, and communicate with you about products or services we offer. Personal data may be collected when you send us e-mail, subscribe to magazines, purchase products at our online store, or request information. Quilters Club of America, A New Track Media publication, generally does not share your personal information with third parties except in special circumstances, such as, when we believe that law requires such disclosure, or other circumstances, which are described more fully below.

Annette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 10:07 PM

Obviously their privacy statement doesn't mean much.   

It should read...   QCA generally does not share your personal information with third parties except in special circumstances or when offered money!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,929
Points 33,565
Roxana replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:59 PM

My posts are not coming through to my email. I'm only getting some of yours. Is anyone else having this problem?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,929
Points 33,565
Roxana replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 12:01 AM

In fact when I made the last post, I got this all too familiar message:

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use