Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti Posted: Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:45 PM

I responded in the other forum but am afraid it may get lost there, and I think it is important enough to bring it out where QCA can see it, and others can add their response.  See below:

"We do apologize for the delay in responding to all of your emails.  Please understand there are 3 customer service representatives answering all the phone calls and emails from QCA, QNNtv.com, and Love of Quilting plus other work behind the scenes.  We are working as hard as possible to answer everyone and respond in a timely manner. We do know there are issues, but a positive outlook creates a wonderful club of quilters. 

Thank you,

QCA Karla"

Karla, did you even read the posts?  Taking months to do something comes no where near to "timely manner."  It's obvious that 3 customer service representatives are not near enough.  Well, actually it could be enough if QCA was responsible enough to give people what they paid for in a timely manner to start with.   Then there would not be so many calls. 

I want to make it clear that I don't blame the regular staff themselves.  I am sure they are overwhelmed.  Those who make the decisions about how the business is run are at fault. 

It has been really hard these past 3 years or so to have a positive outlook about QCA.  And it just gets worse.  Many of us have difficulty even getting on the site,   There are several hours several days a week, that I can't get on.  You are right, that it is a wonderful group of quilter's here.  But it is frustrating when I can't get on to enjoy the people here. 

Many of us do things for other club members out of our own time, and sometimes expense.  Just look at the number of active groups.  QCA lets us do those groups, it is not QCA running and working those groups.  I do plan on renewing my membership this spring, but it will be the last time.  I want to stay involved to complete the current UFO challenge, and see that all is done to make the Oregon coast retreat in November a success.  After that, I am gone.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 212
Points 3,395

Again I am reporting that I joined in April 2013 and l have Never RECEIVED my membership card.  What iritates me is that I feel like I have to beg for something that I paid for. That is what the fee that is paid is for Membership. I would really like to have my card.  Please send my card

KerryG

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:18 AM

Hi Patti, 

I hope that you and others don't leave. I don't have a paid membership, and I still enjoy this group. I can do everything that you can do on here, I just don't get the discount card and the magazine.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 1:46 AM

I guess I should have said I'll no longer pay for membership.  I have made too many friends here, not to have contact one way or the other.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 2:15 AM

Very well said, patti,  the excuses have gone on for over a year.   If QCA  was seriously interested in the customers, the problems would have been solved many months ago.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Patti:
It has been really hard these past 3 years or so to have a positive outlook about QCA.  And it just gets worse.  Many of us have difficulty even getting on the site,   There are several hours several days a week, that I can't get on.  You are right, that it is a wonderful group of quilter's here.  But it is frustrating when I can't get on to enjoy the people here.

I agree Patti.

Patti:
Many of us do things for other club members out of our own time, and sometimes expense.  Just look at the number of active groups.  QCA lets us do those groups, it is not QCA running and working those groups.  I do plan on renewing my membership this spring, but it will be the last time.  I want to stay involved to complete the current UFO challenge, and see that all is done to make the Oregon coast retreat in November a success.  After that, I am gone.

This is what saddens me the most! The  ever so caring volunteer people that have been moderators, mentors and the best of friends to everyone here are ready to jump ship. It'll be a sad day. and a huge loss for QCA. Huge! The famous may have lured us here, but it is all of you and our quilting friends that have kept us here! We've exchanged enough emails and have our new site to carry on. And I don't say this with regret. When it's working I have loved the way the site is set up. Absolutely.

However, after such a relentless period of mismanagement and frustration, it comes to the point of QCA step up or move on for us old timers. We've been loyal to the point of ridiculousness because of our friendships and wanting to bring others into our love for fabric. Don't blame you a bit for your vents. Many of us are right there holding your hand....    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 9:47 PM

I've cut way back on my time here on QCA due to error messages and difficulty getting on the site. I read most, if not all, the email front he site but forget about replying to many of them. Even if I have an answer I can't be bothered after repeatedly trying to post.

I'm still active in groups but even that is a chore when I I have to contend with errors. I would quit altogether but I don't want to lose touch with the many friends I've made here. The other social media sites just don't do it for me.

Three customer service reps for such a large organisation is absurd. I don't know how long they are expected to stay when they are inundated with angry calls all day long.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 10:06 PM

Not only are they inundated with angry calls, but they are given the same empty promises by the programmers.  Notice how each new employee starts out enthusiastically with "Our new improved website is just around the corner" and then six months later it's "I'm frustrated by all the same problems you are experiencing."

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use