Top 10 Posters

Using a binding foot on corners?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 365
Jolyn posted on Thu, Jan 2 2014 10:57 AM

Hello! I'm new to quilting and have discovered the awesome adjustable binding presser foot! Can these be used to make mitered corners? If so, does anyone have any tips on how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Jolyn

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

I have a special foot that I use on bindings, but I'm willing to bet it's not the same thing you are talking about.  Can you post a picture of yours?  I do make mitered corners, but after I finish one side, I have to stop, pull the quilt out from under the foot, fold the mitered corner, then put it back under the foot and start on the next side of the quilt.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 365
Jolyn replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:33 PM

Here's a link to what it looks like:

http://babylock.com/accessories/feet/?Product_ID=ESG-ABB

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 365
Jolyn replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 6:34 PM

I miter the same way, but I'm wondering if this foot will make it easier. 

Here's a link to what it looks like:

http://babylock.com/accessories/feet/?Product_ID=ESG-ABB

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Wow, that looks way nicer than my binding foot.  How do you like it?  I wonder if Bernina has anything like that.  I would guess you will still need to pull out before the corner and fold your own miter and then start again on the next straight edge.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,636 Posts
Points 140,668

Jolyn:

Hello! I'm new to quilting and have discovered the awesome adjustable binding presser foot! Can these be used to make mitered corners? If so, does anyone have any tips on how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Jolyn

Jolyn,

Looks like a great foot and will maybe have the thickness it will need to initially pull the quilt out, fold the binding back and feed the layers of the mitered corner back into thru the foot. There isn't a foot that can make a mitered corner to my knowlege. It has to be more than a one step process. Thanks for sharing the link.  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use