Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti Posted: Wed, Jan 1 2014 1:47 PM

Is one of your resolutions getting some UFOs done?  This challenge has rewards, so be sure to join.  We have had challenges for about 4 years, and I have learned a lot in the process.  So I am using some of the previous ideas for this year.  This challenge will last only 3 months.  There will be prizes for the most UFOs completed.  See below the definition of a UFO (for the purpose of this challenge.)

Definition of a UFO:

UFO is defined as not having been touched for at least 6 months, OR was started more than one year ago.  (in January that would be a project that has not been touched since July or was started before Jan 2012.    In March that would be a project not touched since Oct or started prior to March 2012.)

At a minimum, the majority of the fabric must have been cut by those dates.  All sewing should have been done by you, with the exception of block exchanges, round robins, or row quilts, where you have done an amount equal in exchange with the other participants.

There will be 2 stages of completion, that will count separately.

Stage 1: top is completed, including borders.

Stage 2: project is complete including quilting, binding and any embellishment.  The quilting must have been done by the contestant, either machine or hand quilting.  Tying does not count.

For this challenge we will be counting only quilts, wall hangings, table runners and toppers,  or  complete set of  place mats.  Minimum size of the project will be 45 inches square or equivalent.  If counting a combination of projects to reach the minimum, the projects must either be a set, or each of the projects meeting the UFO definition above.

Prizes: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.  $50, $25, and $10 gift certificates to an on-line fabric/quilting store of your choice, or to JoAnn's. 

To enter, you must post a before and after picture, with statement about the size.   Please only post one at a time, unless you switch the UFO you are working on.  If we all post all our UFOs, if the site doesn't crash, I will.

The UFO must also be posted in the UFO group, which is on the second page of groups, last one. 

Happy sewing!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:18 PM

Dang, I was going participate this year, but I am tied up with my wool projects.   My goal is 6 finished wool quilts by August 31.  I started with the two nearly finished.  One top is now ready to quilt and the other is nearly ready.  The garden party will be one, and I will dig through my great gramma's. Wool box, to see if I can use some of her partial tops.  

I forget to go to the group patti,  keep us informed on how everyone is doing

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,801
Points 31,235
Roxana replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:32 PM

So, do you just take a picture now.... and then keep it ... and post both once you finish? I'll go to the group and see what's there. 

Anyone interested in trying to see how much of ones stash purchased before 2014 can be used in completed projects this year? Just a thought! LOL!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 1:42 PM

Take a picture now.  You can post them together, or post what you are working on now.  It's fun to see what people are doing, and if they are successful at what they set out to do.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 1:45 PM

Roxana:
Anyone interested in trying to see how much of ones stash purchased before 2014 can be used in completed projects this year? Just a thought! LOL!

I like this.  It would be hard to measure but at least we could brag about it when we work on our UFOs. Or maybe just a separate forum.  I think maybe I will start one. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,865
Karla replied on Mon, Jan 6 2014 1:51 PM

I've got so many, but somehow I don't have much luck in finishing any of them because of current projects, but I guess after house cleaning is done today, I'll get them out and post the pictures of what I hope to get done this year.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use