Top 10 Posters

Memory Quilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 20
arsquilts posted on Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:07 AM

I'm making my first memory quilt.  I have printed pictures of drawings that a little boy did.  The mom asked me to make a quilt from them.  I know how I want to design the quilt, but I am a little nervous.  I will be paid for this quilt so I want to do it right.  My first commisioned quilt - yipee!!!

My question is.  I hate to ruin the child's pictures by quilting over them.  Do I need to do this?  The blocks w the pic range from 6" wide by about 7-8" long.  Some are horizontal, some are verticle.  One is even a self portrait.  Of course they are all abstract, He was in kindergarten and first grade when he drew them. I am planning to put a 2 inch sashing around each block that I will either stitch in the ditch or use a decorative stitch, but don't feel this is enough to secure the sandwich with the drawings.  Am I right?   How do I secure the sandwich  with the picture blocks?  HELP!!

Arlene

Ar's Art n Design

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.  I'm also open for design inspiration.  . 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use