HELP!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
119 Posts
Points 2,225
Linda Gless posted on Sun, Dec 15 2013 3:53 PM

Does anyone know what to use to get spots of Dritz temporary fabric adhesive out of fabric without removing color? The end of my spray can produced blobs of the stuff on my quilt backing. I have finished quilting the quilt - but need to get these sticky spots off.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,517 Posts
Points 47,270

Are there any directions on the can for cleaning? Is there an 800 number to call? I have never used Dritz so don't really have an answer. Good luck.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,399 Posts
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 15 2013 7:02 PM

I know oil will get rid of or loosen up sticky stuff.  But that might be worse.  There must be something.  Are there any suggestions on the can?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,399 Posts
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 15 2013 7:05 PM

found this when I googled how to remove dritz spray:

What can I use to remove the spray adhesive?
If the spray adhesive is accidentally applied in the wrong position, apply Murphy’s Oil Soap directly on the area. It may take several applications to remove it completely. Always test on a scrap of your fabric first. Soap may stain silk fabric, ribbons and lightweight cottons.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,561 Posts
Points 139,563

Linda,

I always wash my quilts before I give them away to make sure the colors lock in and don't bleed. I like them to soften and smell good too. Anyway, with your issues of the temporary spray adhesive,  washing it should take care of that.My can says it can be removed with soap and water. 

If you're concerned about fabric bleeding, do a test and spray some adhesive on a scrap of what you used in your quilt and throw it in the wash....

Top 500 Contributor
Female
119 Posts
Points 2,225

Thank you, Patti. I was so freaked out about the spots I didn't even think to look on their site. That is the exact answer they gave. Will be trying on a scrap piece of fabric first.

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use