Hi, New to Club and New to the SA Area

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375

What brings you to SA and from where??  (inquiring minds)  I like that Irish chain.  I have one in pieces similar to that from a group project we did here a while back.  Couldn't decide if I wanted to make 2 lap quilts or one big one and since I had no one to gift it to, there it sits (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).  And that memory quilt... what a great project for the kids to work on!  If you need fabric I have extra that I was given to me to be used for good causes!  Let me know! 

The Bluebonnet Shop Hop happens in April.  Michelle, Beve and I did about 1/2 the stores in a day last year.  Had lots of fun!  And Creations of Kerrville ... MUST see quilt shop!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

Hello Maggie from another fellow SA quilter!  Just saw this post after Debbie forwarded to me. I live near the Boerne area. A few other SA quilters are here also. I would love to meet for a quilting day. Are you working full time? Or looking to meet evenings or weekends? After the first of the year would be good to start something. Know everyone is busy for the holidays. Maybe we could meet for coffee one afternoon? Debbie is west of town and works days. Excited to have another quilter in town! We loved going out to quilt shops during the shop hop. Debbie keeps up with them and is a great navigator. We headed to the Smoky Mountain retreat in June, stopping at all the quilt shops going out and back. We're headin to the upcoming Branson retreat in Feb-March. Quilters love to get together. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

Maggie, love your quilts!! Where is the bereavement center you work at? I work at the Emergency Children's Shelter for special needs, downtown. 

Michelle B

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

I am here from NC by way of Long Island, after my hubby passed away in 2005 I had to get out of NY Too Hard.  As for coming to SA.  I have family here, and so does my BF There is more opportunity here for  my career.  I am a full time student, right now I go on line, after I get my BS I will got to UTSA for my masters, and hopefully find a job in my field.

We do need material, and what we really need is applique pieces cut out and put on fusible interfacing so that the kids can decide what colors and patterns they want to use., we need F/Q  for the backs of the memory quilts and  different colored fabric for the front cut smaller than the f/q. we need printable fabric so that the kids can print out the pictures of the person they have lost.  whew I know that is a long list, however any donations for the kids would be such a help.  Thank you so very much for the offer.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

Michelle;

I dont work at the Bereavement Center, I volunteer there, It is at 205 W Olmos Dr, San Antonio, TX 78212.  I am always looking for things to do Michelle, so if your shelter needs vol. please let me know.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

Michelle,

At this time my job is school and vol. at the bereavement center.  As long as I get my home work and house work done I am open to any time days evenings what ever works for everybody else. I would love to meet for coffee, I  live over near sea world in the Camden westover hills apartment complex.  

I am so excited that I have found this group and I am looking forward to meeting and quilting with my fellow SA quilting sisters. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

good morning Maggie,  do you know how to pm me? I added you as a friend and I think debbie-do also.  Go to your own page and click on start a conversation.  Or i can do that and send you my cell phone.  We can set up a date to have coffee and meet, see if you like us!! 

Michelle B

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375

Maggie Boucher:
We do need material, and what we really need is applique pieces cut out and put on fusible interfacing so that the kids can decide what colors and patterns they want to use., we need F/Q  for the backs of the memory quilts and  different colored fabric for the front cut smaller than the f/q.

I can help you out with this part.  Let me know how many kids and what kinds/sizes of shapes you'd like.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375

What's not to like!?  :)  I know of 2 Starbucks in your neighborhood, Maggie... we like Starbucks!  My weekends are busy till Christmas and pretty open afterwards.

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

Debbie,

I know that the first group we are going to do this with is going to be 5 kids because we only have 5 sewing machines that can be used.  We will be doing this around Mothers Day.  as for shapes and sizes anything we can get I know the owl I made has 9 pieces, and we would like an assortment of fabrics so that the kids can choose how to personalize their own quilt.  The age group we are going to be working with are from 10 to 18 so there are many poss. as to the shapes that are needed.  We can talk about it when we meet for coffee.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

Michelle,

I am sure I will like you both, hummmmm the question is WILL YOU LIKE ME....:)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

Maggie, I tried to start a conversation on your page so I could send you my cell phone number and email. I am not sure it went thru? The site seems to be having alot of problems today on people's personal pages.  Let me know if you see a message from me. 

Michelle B

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use