rated by 0 users
This post has 26 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250
Maggie Boucher Posted: Mon, Dec 2 2013 8:59 PM

Hello Everybody;

My name is Maggie and I just moved to the SA area and would love to meed fellow quilters in my neck of the woods who might be interested in meeting once a week and work on our projects.  I was thinking that maybe a pot luck lunch quilting bee would be fun

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Dec 2 2013 10:27 PM

Hi Maggie, welcome to the group.  We have quite a few members from Texas here.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

Gini;

Thanks so much for the welcome.  I hope to make some friends here on the board and get some insperation

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Welcome Maggie

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 7:35 AM

Welcome Maggie!  How close are you to Kerrville?  While on vacation to SA a couple of winters ago, I discovered the Creations Quilt Shop in Kerrville, and it is now my all-time favorite shop!  I also met up with Debbie-Do on that trip - a QCA-er who lives near SA.  She is a lovely lady, and I'm sure she will be by to greet you herself before long.  She met another Texas quilter, Michelle, on this site, and they now travel to quilt retreats together.  How fun is that?!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,318
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 8:40 AM

Hi Maggie, welcome, glad you could join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Dec 3 2013 11:46 PM

Welcome Maggie.

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 130

Hi, Maggie,

Tennessee is too far away for meeting and lunch, but it sure sounds like fun!

Diane

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,135
Points 14,715
Dawn replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 6:49 AM

Welcome Maggie!  You will love this site!  Please post pics of all your projects, we love to see them!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 7:09 AM

Welcome Maggie. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

Welcome from a fellow transplanted Texan.  I'm about three and a half hours drive NW of SA, but come down a few times a year to visit friends.  I'm sure you will love the area -- I miss being within easy driving distance of my favourite city!

I tried to PM you, but you don't have that enabled, so I sent you a friend request.  If you will change your settings, people on this board will be able to private message you without going through the hassle of having to first send a friend request.

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

Brigit-Carol/

I just scoured the page and cannot find where I need to go to activate PM.  Do I need to be on the premium membership to get that option. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535

Hey there Maggie!  Welcome!  If you look at the top of the screen, next to your name is >> Edit  .  Click that then click site options and about 2/3 of the way down you probably have the option set to none for allowing conversations. Change that and the option will appear to us!   I know I can't meet weekly for sewing get togethers but it would be nice to do it maybe monthly!  We might be able to get Michelle and Rhonda and Beve and who knows who!  Tell us more about you!

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

MNnancy

Kerrivill is about 3 hours from where I am in San Antonio.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 250

Debbie-Do;

Thank you so very much I had it set at friends only so I changed it to everybody I hope to start chatting with ya'll soon.

This is a memorial quilt I made for my daughter/ the Childrens bereavement Center here in SA.  I will be helping the kids at the center make something like this in 2014 so they wanted to see a sample and this is what I came up with (the pic is of my late husband who passed away in 2005)

More about me, Lets see. I am the mother of 2 wonderful children a boy (KJ) and a girl (Kerri)  I have lived in SA for about 2 months now and I love it.   I have a few friends here int he state but not in SA.  My brother and his wife commute between here and Houston and I do not get to spend a lot of time with them.  I go to school on line and am a year away from getting my BS in Psychology in order to be a grief counselor.   

I am new to quilting (have only been quilting for almost a year now) and I want to learn all that I can.  I love crazy quilts (I have two in  progress at this time.  I am also working on a double wedding ring for my daughter who is getting married next year and an irish chain.

Debbie once a month would be great to get together and if we can work it out to be more than that then great.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use