Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,650
Judi Posted: Sun, Nov 24 2013 7:01 PM

I am chairing ( doing it all) a pillow case making day for one of our  Mitzvah (Good Deed) projects for this year. Almost none of the women sew.  I have convinced them that this will not only be rewarding to bring these pillow cases to our local pediatric unit, but they will really have fun.

I am providing machines, thread, and will pre-cut the fabric and put the band and the body fabric into kits.  I am also providing fabric.

I am wondering if anyone is purging their stash and has children's novelty fabric that needs a good home?  If you fell exceptionally generous or can part with some yardage at greatly reduced prices, please "friend" me.

I know how generous quilters are.  I collected over 450 quilts that went to Japan.  

Fabrics need to be 3/4 yard for the body of the case and 1/4 yard for the et!band.  I really would appreciate any help I can get!

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,676
Points 28,975
Roxana replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 2:16 PM

Judi:

I am chairing ( doing it all) a pillow case making day for one of our  Mitzvah (Good Deed) projects for this year. Almost none of the women sew.  I have convinced them that this will not only be rewarding to bring these pillow cases to our local pediatric unit, but they will really have fun.

I am providing machines, thread, and will pre-cut the fabric and put the band and the body fabric into kits.  I am also providing fabric.

I am wondering if anyone is purging their stash and has children's novelty fabric that needs a good home?  If you fell exceptionally generous or can part with some yardage at greatly reduced prices, please "friend" me.

I know how generous quilters are.  I collected over 450 quilts that went to Japan.  

Fabrics need to be 3/4 yard for the body of the case and 1/4 yard for the et!band.  I really would appreciate any help I can get!

Judi, when is your event? What if I have the 3/4 yard of juvenile fabric but not the extra 1/4 for the cuff? Can I send you the juvenile fabric cut to size? I'm happy to get some of it off my hands. No charge. Just let me know. The date for the event though is key as to whether or not I can send anything. .... It's a wonderful thing that you are doing.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,650
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 4:34 PM

We are planning for January. Yes!  Since everything is mix and mix!  I'll gratefully accept 1/4 and any other sizes!  I am using the Hot Dog method. My tutorial used 27 inches for the body of the case and 9 inches for the cuff.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,765
Susan replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 7:14 PM

Judi, I happen to have some childrens novelty fabric just waiting for a home. What you are doing just warms my heart for these special little ones.             Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,650
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 9:17 PM

Thank you. I spent Sunday convincing a group of women that they really can do this!  I just want it to be fun. I will message you with my address. Thank you again. It is just too expensive for me to buy enough fabric for this. I am using a lot from my stash. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,676
Points 28,975
Roxana replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 9:20 PM

When in January would you need the fabric by and about how much are you wanting?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 585
Points 10,135
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 9:33 PM

Judy, I have some for the cuff, but it is 8", can you use this? Maybe make the body a little bigger?

I found I have (6) 8-9+ inch fabric I can send you. Please pm your address. I would love to get this sent to you in the morning when I mail off some other packages. Thanks

Thank you for taking this off my stash, it's left overs when I  made pillow cases for some young boys.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,650
Judi replied on Mon, Nov 25 2013 11:25 PM

Thank you. This is not a soufflé recipe. We tweak these to use whatever fabric we can find 

Roxana, we are hoping for mid January, depending on weather.  We need to be sure we have the room.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 146
Points 2,615
Carmel replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 5:18 AM

Judi:

I have fabric to send, please send me your address and I'll get it out to you next week.

Have a Happy Holiday.

Macungie, PA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,650
Judi replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 9:44 AM

Thank you so much!  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Hi Judy,

I have a few fat quarters in juvenile print.  Would that work?  If so, please send me your address and I'll send them to you.

Thanks for organizing this event!  

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,650
Judi replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 8:09 PM

Thank you, but FQ don't work. So kind of you to offer 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 8:37 AM

Hi Judi,  I sent you  a friend request.  This is something I cannot pass up.  My daughter converted about a year ago to Judaism.  She is currently in graduate school in Israel.  I will look for some appropriate fabrics.  I have very few children's prints in my stash, but I do have some that might work. 

I was in PA a week ago, visiting my husband's relatives.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,676
Points 28,975
Roxana replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 4:50 PM

Judi, is it ok if the fabrics are not pre washed? Or do you want them washed? I'd rather not so I can use what you don't need on later projects but I will do what you ask.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 8,650
Judi replied on Thu, Dec 26 2013 7:17 PM

They don't need to be washed as the hospital washes them first anyway.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use