rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 85
Maria Posted: Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:43 AM

Hi everyone,

I am a fairly new quilter and have been having a great time. I found this site by accident on FB. Looks great. 

I started quilting because I always wanted to learn to quilt but hated to sew! Then I took a class at Joann's Fabrics and, thanks to a lovely lady, fell in love with sewing and quilting. I took the class a way to make my third retirement successful! And, so far, it's working. 

I am from upstate NY and look forward to waking up on a snowy morning and not have to drive the 50 miles to my office! Instead, I will go to my sewing room, check out my stash and see what I can create!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,550
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:11 AM

Welcome Maria.   Sounds like you made the right choice.   There are a lot of friendly quilters here.  If you get stuck on anything- just ask for help.  Everyone is friendly ad helpful.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 392
Points 5,265

Welcome, Maria

I am from Colorado.  In July I made the same move to retirement.  I took over a spare bedroom and turned into a sewing room and now do the same thing - go to my sewing room with my cup of coffee and decide what I will work on today.  It is great!  There are lots of friendly, helpful craftswomen on this site - ENJOY!

Barbara

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 140
MT Nan replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:23 AM

Welcome.  I too am retired and after we relocated (live in Montana) my husband finished a beautiful sewing room for me in the basement and I now spend a lot of time quilting.  I don't comment very much here but do read most of the posts and find a lot of helpful information as well as very friendly, compassionate folks.  They also have mystery quilts offered several times a year which are fun.  Hope you enjoy it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:31 AM

Welcome Maria (and you too, MT Nan).  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Welcome Maria - Congratulations on your re-re-retirement. You will love it here. Hope to see pics of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Hi Maria, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 8:24 PM

hi maria, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:10 PM

Welcome Maria.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 7:41 AM

You will like this group Maria.  A lot of very nice folks.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use