Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 100
Mary Quite Contrary Posted: Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:06 PM

Hello! from the Midwest!!!

I am from Northeast Missouri, and right in the middle of a typical Summer thunder storm.....don't ask, the weather in this state has always been crazy and it never seems to know what the weather should be!!  

I am new to quilting (the new tricks in my subject line), but an oldie to crafts: sewing, crochetting, loom knitting, jewelery making, hand embroidery, plastic canvas. card making, cake decorating, and any thing else that may catch my fancy.  I also taught all kinds of crafts to kids in Bible School and in 4-H.

I LOVE TO CRAFT!!!  IT KEEPS ME FROM GOING INSANE!...and it keeps me from bittting my nails.

I have a sewing machine and a surger.  I would love a knitting machine, an electric embroidery machine and an electronic quilting machine with a 14-foot or 16-foot bed.  I'm not sure where they would go though, I live in a 2-bedroom, 900-sq.foot apartment with my daughter and a whole lot of stuff...mostly books, magazines and crafting stuff, besides my daughter's stuff.

Would love to here from folks and would love any assistance and encouragement with the quilting...as I said, I'm an old Dog(63)  learning so new tricks.....

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:29 PM

Welcome Mary.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 4:54 PM

Mary Quite Contrary:
Would love to here from folks and would love any assistance and encouragement with the quilting...as I said, I'm an old Dog(63)  learning so new tricks.....

Mary, as I am the same age, I don't consider you an old dog...I took up quilting when I retired and I'm hooked, hook, line and sinker.  I own 6 sewing machines, including a small embroidery machine and a mid-arm on a 10 ft. frame.  My home is not much bigger, and I share it with a husband and two large dogs.  Somehow, we all manage to find room for our hobby.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 4:54 PM

Hi Mary, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 251
Points 3,240

Welcome, Mary

You will fit right in with all the other multi-taskers here.  And they are great teachers, too.

Barbara

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 6:04 PM

Hi and welcome, Mary, glad to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Welcome Mary, you will love it here. Hope to see pics of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:52 PM

Welcome to the group.  Mary

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:03 AM

Hi "Mary Quite Contrary" 

Just from the name, it appears you have a good sense of self.  You'll fit right in.

Welcome!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use