Lost pins and needles

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 100
Mary Quite Contrary Posted: Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:55 PM

I am for ever dropping my hand embroidery needles on the carpet...that goes for machine needles and pins. too!.   I have found that the best help for this is a magnet, and the bigger, the better.  After a sewing session or when I know that I have just dropped something, I take the magnet and lightly run it over the floor and carpet and catch the little culprit.     A flashlight can help with this too...look for the flash and sparkle.

I avoid any one getting a needle in their sock and foot and it keeps our Pug, Peaces. from trying to eat it.  She thinks that anything on the floor is hers to chew on, shred, and eat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 7:44 AM

Good idea.  I hate it when I lose a needle, specially in the sofa.  I spend far too much time looking for those things.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Great idea Mary. I ran into a needle one time that actually went into my foot between my toes. Straight in. OUCH! I've been doing the same thing every since. Sometimes I forget though. Thanks for reminding me.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use