Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 370
LNofTROY Posted: Mon, Oct 28 2013 9:45 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to print a page from the digital magazine? There is one that has a pattern I find interesting, but it is hard to reproduce accurate templates from a monitor!

I did quite a bit of search (went through pages of add-ons on mozilla) and still I failed to find a way to either download or print the >complementary> issues we have with our subscriptions. It seems to be a case of window shopping here: i.e. you can look but you cannot get it ...

Any help would be appreciated,

LN

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 1:05 PM

Hi ln,  when I click print, a box comes up and asks me how I want it printed,  ie., print to fit page or print to scale.  It doesn't use these exact words, but you should have a prompt to give it directions.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:39 PM

If you want to print a page you can select "print" from your browser toolbar. When the print dialogue box comes up you select "actual size". Usually, with digital copies of a magazine you'll find templates etc on the magazine's home page under "web extras" or what have you.

You cannot download the complementary digital copies of Easy Quilts magazine. You do get a hard copy with your membership. This is different than if you had a digital subscription where the digital version is the only one you get.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 370
LNofTROY replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 8:56 PM

I did try to print and it does not work. In Mozilla, I cannot get a preview print to work ( i get a blank page preview). So I tried to print just one page, and it gives me a "print error" message. 

Then, I tried in IE, I get a print preview, but the page is all distorted. I played with the different settings, and it still looks ugly. But, I was, ok, lets take a chance, so I put a range this time: pages 31-32, and click ok... well, printer never print, like if I was on a non-existent document.

I printed all type of documents/webpage before, but not this one. Of course, its not a pdf nor an html, its an aspx file which run from flash. This might be why its not printing.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

LN

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:26 PM

not much help ln i've never tried to print one of them before, but in patterns there might be one you like.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,693
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 5:06 PM

Not all publications are print friendly. I found this with Inspirations magazine. I purchased the online version instead of the print and it would not let me print the patterns to make the projects of any of the pages. 

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 370
LNofTROY replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 5:19 PM

Ouch! that really sucks Stephanie :(

I found it silly  that I have been able to print pages from some digital newspaper or home decor mags, but not from a magazines with patterns and templates. Since we do not just 'read' a quilting related magazine, but usually attempt to do some of their patterns, some settings or format for digital publication should be reviewed!!!

LN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 6:08 PM

You can get the templates etc from the website under "web extras" if you can't directly print the page.

I think, in Stephanie's case, if you purchase a digital subscription, you should be able to download and print the pages. That is a rip off if you can't. Write to the publishers about it.

I have a couple digital subscriptions (paid and free) and have all the magazines saved on my computer plus I have access to two years of back issues. I can print from these. 

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 370
LNofTROY replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 5:23 PM

I was not talking about the Easy Quilts magazine, I have yet found a quilt pattern that interest me in that mag.

Under the section for members, there are other mags. There is a digital copy of Quiltmaker Jan-Feb 2011 and that was the one that has a few interesting pattern (page 31-32). And no, it cannot be printed or downloaded and I tried a few things and web browser (except Chrome since I refused to installed something with so many privacy and security flaws on my computer).

I also checked Quiltmaker website to see if by any luck there was such a thing as web extra or an archive of their past patterns, and nope. nada. no luck.

So, that seems to be another tease from this website!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 8:38 PM

LN,

you're right. I went to Quiltmaker's website. They have extras for many issues but the one you're looking for is absent. They allow you to buy a copy but no free patterns.

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 370
LNofTROY replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 8:48 PM

Thanks Kris for checking too :)

You know, I should stop p&^* and moaning and take this one as a challenge! When I am done of few of my UFO, I should try to reproduce it with EQ. Would be a good practice anyway :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 9:24 PM

LNofTROY:
When I am done of few of my UFO, I should try to reproduce it with EQ. Would be a good practice anyway :)

I was thinking the same thing. It's a pretty quilt.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

Details on the digital magazine seem to be advisory and descriptive one. with this I got to know about the magazine details.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use