Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy Posted: Fri, Oct 25 2013 1:51 PM

This morning, DH and I were at a department store purchasing new bed sheets.  He pointed out a set that were on sale, and I rejected them on the grounds that they didn't come in a clear vinyl zippered bag which I use for quilting projects.  His comeback was that perhaps I should finish a project to free up a bag instead of buying expensive sheets in order to gain a bag.  How dumb is that???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 2:09 PM

MNnancy:

This morning, DH and I were at a department store purchasing new bed sheets.  He pointed out a set that were on sale, and I rejected them on the grounds that they didn't come in a clear vinyl zippered bag which I use for quilting projects.  His comeback was that perhaps I should finish a project to free up a bag instead of buying expensive sheets in order to gain a bag.  How dumb is that???

Well, it got a laugh and a head shake out of my DH!  (I think he agrees wholeheartedly!)

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 2:53 PM

ROFLOL I'm on your side Nancy, 

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Buying sheets without a plastic zipper bag is about a ridiculous as buying a new car without cup holders.  I just doesn't make sense.  It is not too late to enlighten Captain Clueless.  Good luck.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 4:00 PM

Funny how I never know what to do with those bags when I get them. First opportunity I have I ship them out the door. I have a herd of Rubbermaid containers that I use for fabric and project storage. Of late, as I am slowing my sewing time down on purpose, I am also thinning the herd and feeling good about it. I sent three babies down to the kitchen in the building for organizing there.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 4:28 PM

Randy, Randy, Randy...  what kind of crazy talk is that!?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,127
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 4:37 PM

MNnancy:
How dumb is that???

Very dumb indeed. LOL. How long has he been around quilters? You'd think he would understand how it works.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,127
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 4:40 PM

Agnes:
I have a herd of Rubbermaid containers that I use for fabric and project storage.

Agnes I've been building a Rubbermaid City myself. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 6:33 PM

Hmmm....Seems to me a trip to Randy's wood shop to check out his Recycled storage devices might be in order. Then a casual mention that you intend to stop buying the original product it came in can be worked into the conversation. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 6:37 PM

That sounds like recycling to me, isn't'  that a good thing?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 7:10 PM

chocake2:
to check out his Recycled storage devices might be in order

Ha, how did you know?  You must have visited his shop!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 7:52 PM

MNnancy:

chocake2:
to check out his Recycled storage devices might be in order

Ha, how did you know?  You must have visited his shop!  

Nope, My brother visits his woodworkers forum... ;-)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Oh Nancy - That is so true. I find them invaluable. I would never buy sheets without the zipper bag. Although my DH would have said the same thing. heehee

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 9:06 PM

Nancy

Too funny.  I would have thought Randy knew better.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 9:18 PM

I have a very difficult time throwing out anything that could hold something.  I was rather disappointed this week to find that my banK is now using a folder and envelope instead of a box for checks.  I have lots of shoe boxes, all sorts of other boxes and some at retreat saw my plastic blue bunny ice cream containers.  They can hold a lot of sewing stuff.  Then there are the crystal light containers, they can hold my rotary cutters.  An empty spice bottle becomes my sharps container.  And of course lots of those plastic sheet containers.  And I love the old Quaker Oats round containers.  Then there's all those wonderful tins that held cookies, nuts or popcorn.  Just don't open them in my house and expect food.

I don't keep the toothpaste boxes anymore.  A girl's got to have some limits.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 4 (53 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use