rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,388
Points 115,390

gini:

we could do a cyber retreat, if everyone has a camera hook-up

Really?  Like a conference call via Skype?  That might be fun. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,388
Points 115,390

Oops, just checked and it looks like Skype charges for video conference calls between more than two people. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 8:03 PM

Judy

We don't need skype.  We could do it like we did the pj weekend.  Everyone just posted pics as they progressed on their projects all day.  We did lots of pics really frequently.  It was lots of fun.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,388
Points 115,390

Nana:

Judy  We don't need skype.  We could do it like we did the pj weekend.  Everyone just posted pics as they progressed on their projects all day.  We did lots of pics really frequently.  It was lots of fun.  

Sounds like fun. I'm in. We don't go out on New Year's Eve. Maybe take the dogs for a walk on the beach in the morning, depending on the weather, but otherwise it's a day to stay inside.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 10:38 PM

We would each need to stay up till midnight in our time zones.   I know I will most likely still be up at midnight in your time zone....LOL>   We should post a pic of our completed project at midnight or whatever stage you have accomplished at midnight.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 31 2013 10:40 PM

I have always heard that whatever you are doing at midnight on NYEve is what you will be doing the rest of the year.   What a way for a quilter to bring in the new year......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 11:54 AM

Nana:
I have always heard that whatever you are doing at midnight on NYEve is what you will be doing the rest of the year.

Well no wonder I don't get as many quilts done as the rest of you!  I'm usually asleep by midnight.  Maybe I'll try staying up with you all this year!  I'll bring some champagne and popcorn.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,388
Points 115,390

I'm also one who normally turns in early. I'm going to try to stay up working on a quilt. By the time I post at midnight most if you in the Midwest and east coast will be sound asleep. Well except for Nana who NEVER sleeps. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:52 PM

Nana:
JudyWe don't need skype.  We could do it like we did the pj weekend.  Everyone just posted pics as they progressed on their projects all day.  We did lots of pics really frequently.  It was lots of fun.

We are definitely overdue for  virtual pj party. Let's set one up.

Nana:
I have always heard that whatever you are doing at midnight on NYEve is what you will be doing the rest of the year.   What a way for a quilter to bring in the new year......

My grandmother always said this. That's why I always try to get New Year's off from work. Try to start the year in a good mood. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,874
gini replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:57 PM

Judy and nancy, you only need to stay up until nana's new year.  You can be in bed by 9:01 or 10:01 your times.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 1:03 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
By the time I post at midnight most if you in the Midwest and east coast will be sound asleep. Well except for Nana who NEVER sleeps. 

I'll be up too Judy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 1:29 PM

gini:

Judy and nancy, you only need to stay up until nana's new year.  You can be in bed by 9:01 or 10:01 your times.

No no no    You have to be up at midnight in YOUR time zone.....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Judy T, Patti and Donna B.

I'm liking what I see about  Fort Worton (?) .  I believe I'd be in for a retreat there.  2015 or whenever.

Diana from East Tenn and Carolyn.  Have a great time NYE.  Be sure to post pictures.

Gini, Nana, Judy T, Kris and anyone I missed  -- I'll try to remember this plan of a virtual sew on NYE.   Sounds like fun, I'll probably still be sewing the same drezzies that I was sewing at the Oregon retreat.  LOL

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,388
Points 115,390

gini:

I'll take that!  My old bones don't like late nights any longer. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 2:09 PM

Carolyn and I will be sure to post pics as we go.  It will be fun to see what everyone is doing at the bewitching hour.

Diana in East TN

Page 3 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use