Top 10 Posters

End of the Oregon Trail

Page 21 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 459 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 1:03 AM

Angele:

Donna pick me, pick me! I love your snowman quilt! I love the black and white...everything in it. This is the first pucture I looked at this am. Wow. It definitively has a spot of honour here!

Thanks Angele,  I am just relieved to have it truly finished before the holidays.  Actually, its the very first quilt I have ever finished at a Retreat...even if it just needed some tacking, trimming and binding to be completed.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 1:29 AM

I too can't believe this marvelous week is almost over!  

Even though most of us had packed up our machines earlier in the evening, we had a fun filled-evening of LRC and Strip Poker.  And who could expect anything less with such wonderful QCA friends.  We've all had so much fun and enjoyed the camaraderie, the exceptional weather, and the sheer joy of being together for these few marvelous days.

Jan and I  (and our DH's) will be staying on here at Beachcomber's Haven for an extra 2 days.  So, tomorrow morning it is going to be very strange seeing all our dear friends leaving for home.  And it will be very QUIET around here...LOL!  

Thanks to all of those who helped feed us while we were here!  Patti (and Debbi) for the Thai Chicken and Nana, Patty Mac & Kris for the Shrimp and Cheesy Grits and those that contributed snacks and lunch fixings.  We ate like queens (and kings) and didn't have to leave at all!

A special thank you Patti once again for hosting the third West Coast QCA Retreat.  It has been another wonderful experience that I wouldn't want to miss for anything.

And thanks to all the attendees for making the effort to come so far to make this the special get-together of quilting friends that it has become.  Each of you contribute so much to everyone's experience.  I truly treasure these special days with all of you!!!

Tami and Pam it was so nice of you to travel just to meet some of us for the day!  I hope you both will be able to join us for the retreat next year.

It's going to be a long 12 months until November 2014 at the next QCA Retreat at Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach, Oregon.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:09 AM

I have a few more photos to post. I'll have them up when we get to Portland.

Thanks to Patti for making this possible. Thanks for the votes. Thanks to all who kept me fed ;)

I can't wait to do it again next year.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,490
Points 46,785

Kris, you deserve a special prize fo making this retreat available to all of us who couldn't be there. What fun you gave us all. Thanks so much for being an ace reporter. I too find it over too soon, of course I will now be able to stay off the computer and get some work done myself, LOL. Three cheers fo Kris, The Reportin' Machine! Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!

Ladies and gents, I wish you all safe travels as you all head home.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 13,280

Thanks to all the Retreaters!  I've been enjoying your quilts and your antics these past few days. It's so nice to see everyone's fabulous work, but even better to see you all as you create. I saw that I was a winner  here- I'm so excited about that!  I'll send you a PM, Kris.  Right now I'm in Ohio at a 3-day session of classes for Statler Stitcher. It's a wonderful learning experience. And I can certainly use it. The machine does so many things I don't know if I'll ever learn it all.

Have a safe trip home, everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:31 AM

Pat Lancaster:

Kris, you deserve a special prize fo making this retreat available to all of us who couldn't be there. What fun you gave us all. Thanks so much for being an ace reporter. I too find it over too soon, of course I will now be able to stay off the computer and get some work done myself, LOL. Three cheers fo Kris, The Reportin' Machine! Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!

Ladies and gents, I wish you all safe travels as you all head home.

A big DITTO to that!!!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,525
Bev replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 9:09 AM

I also want to thank Kris for letting us see how much fun you can have at a retreat and how much you can get done. What a fabulous location for a retreat. I would not have gotten anything done since I would have either been outside, staring out the window or ooh'ing and aw'ing over all the beautiful quilts you all have made.

Hope you all have a safe and relaxing trip back home.

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 9:55 AM

Oh Poop. Ya mean it's all done already?? 

Thanks for sharing your wonderful week with us. Have safe travels home. Hugs to you all.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

I also enjoyed this virtual retreat. Kris you made everything so fun for those of us at home. It's almost like we were all there with you all. Someday I hope to actually go to a retreat. I'm amazed you all get anything finished or even a stitch. I pray for a safe trip home for all of you. Again, thank you to all for giving me such a good time.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 12:18 PM

Oh CC thank you for the bead I got the pink elephant and I love it I am sure it will bring me lots of luck as elephants are supposed to bring luck.I am sitting in the airport wondering where the week went and kicking my self back to reality.Thank you Patti for all the arranging and door prizes ,you chose a perfect venue.Thank you Agnes for your giftie ,I love all my gifties they are treasures and every time I look at them or use them I will remember my wonderful friends.I didn't get to say see you later to Nancy and Randy so see you again and thanks to Randy for hanging out with Larry.If any of you get a chance to visit or attend a retreat grab it there are memories to last a lifetime there 

see you all again

Darlene(2 many horses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Dropped Deb off at the Portland airport about 10:15 for her flight to visit family in Texas. So hard to say goodby not knowing when I'll see her again. 

I'm at a rest stop still about 170 miles from home. 

Patti, what an awesome job you did organizing this retreat and the photos by Kris and others are priceless. The laughter was non stop, fantastic group. 

Patty Mac, Robin and Deb you were the perfect room mates. Well, you gotta be careful around Patty Mac (my lips are sealed) LOL. 

Cannot wait for next year. 

Well back on the road I go. Hope everyone is traveling safe. Please check in when you get home. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

So sad that the virtual retreat is over!  Seems like it just began yesterday.  Hope everyone has safe and uneventful travels home.

All of the projects were wonderful and inspiring!  Can't believe everyone got so much done in such a short time.

Kris, thank you so much for your efforts in reporting all the 'happenings'!  You did an amazing job and it is so appreciated by those of us who had to just wish we were really there.

Max 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,805
Quiltless replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 3:27 PM

My computer did a video belly flop on Monday evening and is now in the shop awaiting a new video card.  My access to QCA has been very limited this week.  Just caught up reading.  What an awesome retreat.  I can't believe it is already over.  Seems like those of us in virtual attendance are entitled to more seasonal episodes.  Just kidding.  Kris did an outstanding job of reporting.  She's got the gift of a real time event journalist. The quilts and projects were excellent.  It was almost like being there.  The only thing better would be to actually be there. 

This was the End of the Oregon Trail Retreat 2013.  Patti, the Wagon Master deserves a round of applause.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

I'm home!!  Took me just over 8 hours including the breakfast stop Deb and I made. I had intended to stop at every rest stop as I knew how tired I was. But "Heading to the Barn" syndrome took over. I only hit one rest stop after dropping off Deb.

Dogs went nuts. George seemed happy to see me also. He immediately unloaded the car, I unpacked everything except once suitcase and now we'll take dogs for a short (very short) walk. Then I'm collapsing and catching up on some of the TV programs I l missed. I'll let George fix me something to eat, rub my shoulders, get as much mileage as I can.

Fantastic retreat. Hope to hear from each of you that you've arrived safely.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 18 2013 6:37 PM

I was moping about the retreat being over and DH said "You should go next year."  I said yes I should but i don't know how to pay for it. He said I could just skip the trims and save my haircut money The joke there is that I usually get one hair cut a year and it costs me $12. How far do you think I'd get on that??...  Men!!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 21 of 31 (460 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use