Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry Posted: Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:28 PM

I just joined recently and have loved reading everyone's posts. You all make me want to retire so I can spend more time quilting, gardening, cooking and just being creative. I only need to hang in for about 4 more years. Thank you for all the inspiration and I love seeing all the beautiful quilts!

Sherry

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:42 PM

Welcome Sherry.  This is a great site.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:43 PM

Sherry, you can be creative now...but just can't sew  as much. Believe me we have other things that occupy our time too. Wish I could sew 24/7, but I have PT twice a week and the exercises in between. Then there's the gardens that I keep creating...pretty soon I won't have any yard. Believe me, when you retire you are busier than when you work. I use to laugh when friends told me that, but now I know it's true! So enjoy those final four years. You can start sewing just not as much.

God's blessings. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Hi Sherry, welcome.   I want to retire also, but I am such a baby I have a long way to go ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:10 PM

hi sherry, i'm retired and i don't find i have all that much more time to quilt. sam and the kids keep me hopping.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:24 PM

Sherry

Welcome.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  Please share pics of some of your projects with us.  We love ooohhhing and aaaahhhing over eye candy.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 63
Points 1,240
Sherry replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:29 PM

I too am running out of yard due to my gardens! I just started quilting about 3 years ago and have made 7 completed lap quilts and numerous small projects such as bags. I scrapbook too, but have made all 5 of our kids scrapbooks as well as many others. I am loving quilting and have several projects going. I have learned that is normal for quilters, so I'm sure I belong. Thank you for all the warm welcomes.

Sherry

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use