rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,791
Points 31,005
Roxana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 6:00 PM

Debbie:

... I don't think I could get thru this without having someone to chat with and someone to lift my spirits.  I'm so glad I am part of QCA and have all of ya'll for online friends and next year I get to meet some of you.  Cant wait!

I can't wait either, Debbie. I am so glad that the surgery is behind you. Leading up to the surgery, you were such an Energizer Bunny getting everything done. Now you just need to take it easy and do what the doctors say. Recovery is hard but we are all here for you. We love chatting with you!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 7:44 PM

just an update - temperature is up again!  feeling a little better but don't like this up and down fever business.  Did make it out and picked up my books at the library and said Hey to coworkers.  Dr said I was suppose to get out and walk, so I did.  will keep you posted. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 12:36 PM

Hope that fever doesn't mean you have an infection Debbie.  I'll be praying for your recovery.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 1:21 PM

Debbie:
just an update - temperature is up again!  feeling a little better but don't like this up and down fever business

Debbie - so good to hear your surgery went well and you are on the mend.  Hopefully the temperature will settle down and you can proceed with getting better.  I know others have told you to do what the Doctor says so I will just say the same thing.  They really do know what they are talking about.

I don't know about the paper tape but I seem to be very allergic to regular tape - they had to use totally non-allergenic tape on me as I broke out with the other stuff.  Then of course I also had the experience of a 2" piece of skin being torn off when the Dr took off the regular tape.  10 days later it was finally healed enough to be able to do water therapy for my leg.  

I hope your DH is getting more knowledgeable about taking care of one who is recovering from surgery.  Most guys don't have a clue as to what to do but mine has come along way in the past three years.  I guess we just have to love them anyway! :-)  Most of them just don't have the nurturing abilities that women have.

Take it easy and be good to yourself.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820

You are right, Patti.  I was worried when I saw Debbie was running a fever.  She needs to call the doc and tell them about the fever.  I'll bet they want to see her right away.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Debbie, praying for a speedy recovery. You should really call your surgeon's office about your fever if it is very high. Hang in there.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,080
Points 16,555
weezee56 replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:02 PM

Debbie, T&P for you. Healing after surgery sometimes takes a little longer than we want it to.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:45 PM

Elaine Phillips:
You should really call your surgeon's office about your fever if it is very high. Hang in there.

still running low grade fever all day today and my left leg is swollen, right one did go down but left has gotten bigger.  Dr called me back and set up appt for Mon morning at 9:00.  I am concerned but have so many prayers going up to God, between family, church and all you ladies  I really feel secure that He's got me in His care.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 9:43 AM

God is so good, thank you for the prayers!  my right leg is back to normal size and the left is very close to normal.  They don't hurt like they did, either.  I slept fairly well, tossed and turned some but feel rested and my temperature is below 99 so that's great!  Also, I had jumped up to 190#s yesterday and down to 183.5 this morning.

I FEEL GOOD!!!  THANK YOU LORD!!  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,955
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 9:50 AM

Wow Debbie that was a lot of water weight that you were toting around.  No wonder you felt lousy.   Great to hear that you feel GOOD today.    Ginny

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use