How would you quilt this?

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580

Gale, congratulations on finishing your first quilt. That is an exciting moment! Where did you post the pics?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Gale - congratulations.  Job well done.  I can understand completely about the "real" quilt.  MQ2 will be what I am considering my first real quilt.  I have done a bunch of small ones / place mats / table runners but nothing bed sized.  Your first really turned out extremely well. Again - congratulations.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Pat Lancaster:
Where did you post the pics?

Pat - I tried clicking on the "pic 1" etc. ion her posting and it brought up the pictures for me.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 82
Points 1,400

Your quilt turned out with a great look with the design you quilted.  Great job ....now on to the next one.  Congratulations.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 8:01 AM

Gale

You did an excellent job of quilting your quilt.  I know you are very proud.  I also machine stitch my bindings but I usually use a straight stitch.  I sew mine to the back right sides together and then wrap toward the front and stitch down.  I really like the look of the zigzag.  Beautiful finished quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 10:00 AM

Gale, this turned out great! Good for you for picking a quilting pattern and completing it :-) Woo Hoo!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 10:16 AM

Re wash out blue markers.  If you add a teaspoon of baking soda to your water that tends to stop the blue marker from coming back.  IMO I would never mark a quilt with a blue marker unless I intended to wash the quilt.  If you don't and it gets hot in the sunshine (you have it in a bag in your car after taking to show and tell) or you accidentally touch it with an iron you will have permanent brown lines.  Not to mention all that blue marker has now been washed in your batting.  Remember when washing your quilt after using these markers do not use soap the first time.  Put the quilt through a rinse cycle and then follow up with a wash cycle.  You must use cold water on that first rinse.  Hope this helps.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972

Gale,

Congratulations. Your quilt looks terrific. The diagonal grid works very well. I like your zigzag stitch on the binding. I've been stitching mine down by hand, but I think I'll try that. It will probably hold up better in the long run.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580

Just saw the pics. You did a great job! Congrats!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

The quilting on your quilt looks wonderful, Gayle! Now on to FMQ! LOL!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,942
Thea replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 4:06 PM

Gale, I love your quilt - very very nice.  Can I ask a silly question though - are you having trouble posting pictures to QCA.  I would have rather been able to look at them here then have to go to a different page.  It made it a little difficult for me - so am wondering if there is a problem here with posting pictures.

Your quilt is beautiful and your quiting is great - Fantastic Job!  Pat your self on the back!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,473
Points 362,102
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 5:17 PM

Gale,

your quilt is beautiful. You've done a wonderful job with it. Thanks for sharing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 8:07 PM

gale congrats and great job.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 2,715
Pat replied on Thu, Mar 11 2010 11:28 PM

Gale, congrats on finishing your first "real" quilt.  Very nice job.  I liked the binding too.

Happy Quilting,

Pat..........In Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 589
Points 5,919
Bonnie replied on Fri, Mar 12 2010 12:10 PM

Gale - Congrats on your beautiful "first real" quilt.  The quilting looks great!!  You did a great job and I know the feeling of pride with it.  My first "real quilt" took 3rd place at our county fair.  I won $4.00 but the ribbon meant more.

Kathy D. - thanks for the heads up on the rinsing then washing tip with the blue pen.

Bonnie, NorCal

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use