rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 145
Patty Posted: Mon, Sep 16 2013 7:48 PM

Hi All,

My name is Patty, I am a quilter from South Dakota.  I am married to the same wonderful man for 30 yrs now.  We have four children, two boys and two girls.  Both of my sons are US Marines, currently in the US! My oldest daughter and her husband live four door up the street from us, and my youngest daughter is a Senior in High School and has be named the Captain of her hockey team!

We have almost three grand children, one grandson who is 5 yrs old, and a granddaughter who is three, and will have a baby sister sometime in the middle of November

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 220
karen913 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:04 PM

Hi Patty,

I am new too.    I live in Wisconsin, and I am retired and have been quilting for maybe 20 years.

My computer has been giving me much trouble so it has been a challenge to get to know the other wonderful quilters.   I'm glad you posted here.    What kind of quilts do you do?

Do you belong to a guild or sewing bee?    I have a wonderful quilt store about 8 miles from home, but I don't have any quilting friends.   I joined this web site because I thought it would be fun to have some quilting friends.

Happy quilting,

Karen913

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:11 PM

Patty and Karen, hello and welcome to the group.   I have made some very good friends here.  A few years ago, we started organizing our own retreats so we could meet in person.  They have been a lot of fun.  I hope you enjoy it here and come on to talk with us frequently.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,387
Points 175,288
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:28 PM

Hi Patty and Karen, welcome! Glad to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 220
karen913 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:08 PM

Thank you Marie, and Gini for the welcome.

Having quilting friends sounds wonderful.

I notice when you post message you get points, what is that about?

Karen913

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:16 PM

Patty

Welcome and hope you enjoy your time with us.   I want to offer heartfelt thanks to your Marine sons for their service.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 145
Patty replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:34 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome!  I do belong to a quilt guild the Dakota Prairie Quilters Guild. We meet the fourth Monday of the month, it is a good time.  We do have a quilt shop here in town.  I usually end up going up to Sioux Falls, they have 3 quilt shops!  Plus Hancocks, JoAnns, and a textile outlet. Also, when we travel out of town for hockey, I map out the quilt shops in the towns we're at!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:02 PM

Welcome Patty.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:20 PM

Welcome Patti and Karen from another northern tier state quilter.  I am looking into the possibility of hosting a QCA quilt retreat at the Quilted Steeple in northern Iowa next summer.  If you are possibly interested in attending, watch the discussion forums for an announcement sometime in the next couple of months. (hopefully by Nov. 1) 

If you are looking for quilting friends, you've come to the right place!  Some of us have been chatting together now for four years.  I've had the good fortune to attend five of our regional QCA retreats (& another one next month), and it's been so much fun to actually meet the other gals face-to-face!  On a more local note, quilt guilds and quilt classes at your local stores are also great ways to meet other quiltaholics.

Look all around the website to discover all that QCA has to offer.  Feel free to ask any questions along the way.  Oh, and the points... sadly, they're worth nothing.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:10 PM

Welcome to QCA Patty! Congradulations on the upcoming addition to your family. 

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• Filed under:
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,086
Points 16,660
weezee56 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:33 PM

Welcome, Patti and Karen.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:38 PM

Welcome Patti and Karen.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:15 AM

Hi Patti and Karen, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 220
karen913 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:22 AM

Hi MNnancy,

I have a daughter who lives in Little Falls, MN.    She doesn't quilt.

This sounds wonderful to have a retreat in Northern Iowa.

I would definitely be interested in meeting some quilting friends. 

Thanks for the info.

Karen

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:33 AM

So Karen, on your way to visit your daughter in Little Falls, do you stop at Gruber's Quilt Shop in St. Cloud?  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use