Grace Hand Quilting Frame

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 47,700
Frances posted on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:55 AM

I've just brought a Grace Hand Quilting Frame ive put it all together and it looks wonderful, my question is for those who use a hand quilting frame do you use the Grace Cloth Leaders or do you use something else.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,383 Posts
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:00 PM

Frances, 

I do have the Grace leaders on my machine quilting frame. The printing on them is not lined up straight with the edge of the fabric so I had to be careful attaching them to the rails.

I made leaders from muslin for my hand quilting frame. At the time I did not want to spend the money for the printed leaders.

You can, however, purchase dedicated leader fabric. Bayside Quilting sells some. I might have gotten that if it were available back when I got my Grace frame. Which one did you get?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 47,700

Thanks Kris,

I got the EZ3 the cheapest one, which over here is roughly double the price you pay over there and there is only one place over here to buy it, the grace leaders over here are really expensive (only one place does it). could you use the frame without leaders or will that not work??

I will check out Bayside Quilting.

Many thanks for your help Kris.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,383 Posts
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:58 PM

Frances,

you'll need the leaders in order to work on your borders. Muslin or any cheap fabric will work. You don't need anything fancy just something wide enough to fit your rails. I have the EZ3 as well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 47,700

Kris,

My font of all hand quilting frame knowledge do you think this fabric would be okay for leaders over here we call it Butchers stripe as traditionally all Butchers had aprons made with fabric like this (normally red and white).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,383 Posts
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 12:50 PM

Yes Frances, that will be fine. I really like it.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use