Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 26,485
Debbie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:15 AM

Me, now ya'll know I'm a librarian, right?  around books all day and recommending them to people all the time.  

but my favorites are mysteries, but not the hard core, gory thrillers.  

not me, I like Diane Mott Davidson; Joanne Fluke; Susan Wittig Albert; Margaret Maron,; Margaret Coel; Carolyn J Hart; J A Jance; and many others who write what I call light-hearted home town mysteries. especially humorous ones, like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum and Tamar Myers' Magdalena Yoder, which unfortunately she ended but was so hilarious!   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:54 AM

Wow...I didn't realize I started something so cool!  I love reading, and when my body is done with sitting at my sewing machine, I relax with either a book or my kindle (which is on my phone...).  I typically have several books that I am reading at the same time.  I get bored with the same one, unless it's really compelling!

I have a Catherine Coulter book that I'm trying to re-read.  I vageuly remember it, but not the ending.  I just seem to be getting stuck in the rather tedious drama.  Maybe it's time to go back to Lee Child, or Brad Thor.  I think I have a couple WEB Griffin books I haven't started yet, too.  Plus a Nora Roberts trilogy that I picked up not too long ago.

Too much fun!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:26 AM

I like to get audible books for my Kindle.   Then I listen to the book while I am sewing.   I just finished the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and must say I really enjoyed it.  The narrator was very good and the story line was also very good.   Now I am listening to Dan Brown's Inferno while sewing.  It is getting really interesting fairly quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:46 AM

I wonder if I could get an audible book for my kindle...since it's on my phone & not a stand alone device...hmmmm.....that's a good thought....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,869
gini replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 12:25 PM

i never thought about an audible book for the ipad, i'll have to look into that

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use