Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless Posted: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:58 AM

I am brand new to the boards so forgive me if this is the wrong board to post on. Is anyone planning on going to Quilt Expo in Madison, WI Sept 5th - 7th? My sister and I are going all day on Friday the 6th. Would love to meet other members of this club if you are going to be there too!

Linda Gless

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 8:31 AM

This is the perfect place to post this Linda.  I'm too far away, but you will probably find someone going who would like to meet up with you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Thanks, Patti!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 9:04 AM

I would love to go, just to get out of this smoke.  Unfortunately, it's a little too far to travel from Nevada to Wisconsin, but I hope you enjoy it.  I think there are some quilters here from that area, so maybe some one will speak up and meet you there.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 12:34 PM

Linda, I went last year, so that should hold me for a while.  I really enjoyed and learned from some of the hour long demo sessions and I thought they were very reasonably priced, but others were out and out sales pitches for the presenter's newest gizmos.  There's a wonderful vendor hall - lots and lots of offerings - but it's also jammed packed so a little aggravating to get around.  The quilts in the exhibit were beautiful and inspiring.  Seeing Nancy Ziemen in person was fun.  I got the sense that much of the information is repeated from year to year, so I think I won't need to go to this again for 4 to 5 years.

Have fun!  Madison is a pretty city!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use