Top 10 Posters

Hello from Wisconsin! 60 yrs old but new to quilting!

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 115
ldstout replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:21 AM

Hi Linda. 

My name is Linda to. And I'm 60 and just begining to Quilt. All tho I have been sewing for years.I am just getting in quilting. And love it . I have always been told you can't teach an old dog new tricks but that not true. Who knows whats in a number. Good luck.

Linda Stout from Tennessee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

You're right, Linda - a number doesn't mean a thing! I also sewed 30 years ago - dresses for my daughter etc but nothing like quilting. What a fun thing to be learning about. Good luck to you with all your beautiful quilts that are waiting for you to create them!

Linda Gless.  Hartford, WI

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 4:42 PM

Linda Gless:
Good luck to you with all your beautiful quilts that are waiting for you to create them!

What a cheery, optimistic way to look at things!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

MNnancy - are you coming to Madison, WI this week for Quilt Expo? My sister and I are going all day on Friday! Would love to meet up with you if you will be there on the 6th!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 6:35 PM

Deleted

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:09 PM

I think I replied on your other thread that I went to the Expo last year and so am not feeling the need to go again this year.  I believe a lot of the sessions are repeated year to year.  We went for two days which might have been one day too many.

Have fun, though!  I think Madison is a great city!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 495

Welcome Linda!

I recently turned 60 myself and am just a beginner as well.  My 1st quilt is in the works!

I'm hoping that quilting will help me survive my husband's soon-to-be retirement & keep me sane.

Teresa in Naperville, IL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Yes you did, Nancy - sorry about that!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Teresa - my husband retired 3 years ago. Wish I had found quilting 4 years ago!!!! Haha - my sewing room is now in the cool, quiet basement!!!

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use