Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 504
Kimberly Posted: Sat, Feb 27 2010 9:02 PM

I have a problem with glow in the dark thread. it keeps breaking. Actually shreading is more like it. I'm using it in my Elna machine and I'm free motion stippling. The machine is clean and I put in a metallic needle when I started having this problem but it didnt help. I also tried slowing down alittle but that didnt help either.

I just recently bought the thread to finish up a halloween wall hanging. What I had before was not a problem at all.  Oh and its Superior thread NiteLite.. green I think.

Any suggestions??

Kim

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Sat, Feb 27 2010 9:31 PM

You might try running it through the stuff we use for hand qulting... quilters heaven... that might help - or there is some stuff you can spray on the spool - someone will know the name...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I think rather than running it through the Heaven whatever, I'd put a drop of the silicone stuff for thread on it. It's called Sewers Aid and costs about $5. The other thing is you may want to try a larger needle with a larger eye. I've used the same kind of thread you're using and I've never had any problems. The final possibility may be that you got a spool of bad thread. Good luck, Kim!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 27 2010 11:14 PM

I agree with Judy.  I know on the mid arm if the thread starts shredding you need to increase the needle size and have a larger eye so that the thread doesn't rub in the needle and the whole in the fabric is slightly larger than the thread which also helps prevent shredding.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use