Leader grips

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 68
Points 3,105
kmrchr Posted: Wed, Aug 21 2013 6:13 AM

Which are the best leader grips out there? I have seen clear ones, red snapper ones, and even blue ones. Are there any differences? They all seem to do the same thing. 

I am tired of the wounds from pinning my quilt.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 8:06 AM

...and don't forget the Quick Zip system...

http://stores.longarmconnection.com/-strse-Machine-Parts-%26-Accessories-cln-Quick-Zip-System/Categories.bok

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 355
rhondakp replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 8:39 AM

I have used the Red Snappers for about 2 years.  Love them!  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 1:25 PM

I am going to throw this out there for all it is worth. I have seen the Red Snappers and the Leader Grips dance at several Shows. I just love the ease of them.

I purchased the Leader Grip side clamps two years ago at MQX east. I was in awe of them and they were at the time more reasonable in price than the Red Snappers at the show but I still did not have the $$ for the entire set. So, I just purchased the side clamps.

Well... I managed to break one of the clamps and the more I looked and looked at them and realized that they were something that had clearly been "re-purposed" .  A small firm probably could not afford to have a special shape extruded in plastic.  Off I went on the internet to figure it out.

I found them - the clamps are nothing more than  "Rope Lightening Tracks" 3/8" (sold on Amazon for $2.40 per 4 foot length) and the tubing was 3/8". My side clamp tubings are a hard Nylon - but I am going to try a semi flexible tubing for my leaders.

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use