Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready for Mystery Quilt 9?

Page 8 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 341 Replies | 62 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
rchquilts replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:56 AM

I'm new to this.  On September 6, along with fabric requirements, will you tell us the expected finished size?  How often are you giving clues - weekly, monthly?  How many clues in all (just trying to get some idea when to expect the end).  I'll check back on the 6th to see your posting.  This could be my first MQ. 

Thanks.

Rosemary

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 591
Points 10,240
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:13 PM

Annie,

I love your list idea's. It sure is nice to know  that others do the same as me. No list, just the UFO's. I need a list to help me "remember" what I need to do. I cleaned up my fabric storage area and found several projects, one that I was not sure if I still wanted to do. But I really do need to make the list.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Nana, I believe I am ready, after watching you at the retreat in June doing the HST so fast I feel confident I can do it.  You are a great teacher and looking forward to MQ9.

Janis

TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:23 PM

Rosemary, usually on opening day we receive information on amount of fabrics needed along with advice of what will work and what won't, the size of the finished quilt, and the initial cutting instructions.  Then we get a couple of weeks to shop and cut.  Once the actual assembly clues start, a new clue is released once a week, and then the final finishing gets another couple of weeks so that we can finish/personalize the quilt in any way we like.  Some people are quite creative with their unique borders.   The whole project can run from 6-10 weeks or so.  Nana hasn't told us how long this one is yet.

These have been a lot of fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25
Denise replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:32 PM

This is my first time doing something with QC I am so looking forward to something with a group.  I'm relatively new at quilting and have never done anything with a group.  I am hoping this will be a fun experience.  Nissee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:59 PM

Claja99> I just love doing the MQ, and am always happy with the ones that I have done with Nana. But I usually start out all worried aka what colors, who would it be good for, etc But like I said in the end I am always happy. Oh, there are lots of "if I would have known, I would have..."  But so far have always been able to personalize it for my likes or who i am giving it too. I do have one ( not this site) that was a MQ wall hanging. It still isn't done. I found out at the end, I needed to do some applique, which I dont care to do, and especially not what they had in the pattern. So it sits in the UFO pile. I will either find something to applique on it that I like or take out those blocks and put some large pattern fabric in it's place. my plan was to have it in my kitchen, So will have to be something to fit in there. 

I got an email today that said this MQ is called "tranquilty" with a question mark after it,  That got my attention, my sissy has been bugging me for a quilt. She is a massage therapist and into all the zen like stuff. so will be thinking of her when I chose some colors.

Nana said she thought it would be maybe like 5 steps. so should be quick and easy. 

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 290

Yay!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:23 PM

Oh my Janis, we can keep Nana on her toes!  Just wish we were all on the porch working together.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Kathy:

Oh my Janis, we can keep Nana on her toes!  Just wish we were all on the porch working together.

So do I Kathy, we got such a wealth of quilting information on that porch, I feel like I know a little now.

Janis

TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 50
fergy replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:48 PM

I'm looking foreward to working on MQ9.  This will be my first one.  Just went to the quilt shop yesterday and picked up some 1/2 yard pieces.  Hopefully I can work them in.

fergy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765

Can't wait!  I finally got MQ7 & 8 sandwiched and pin basted yesterday and hope to get started quilting MQ7 today!  Bring it on, Nana!!

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 55

This will be my first MQ.  We will still be on the road (since Aug 1st) so won't be sewing for another couple of weeks.  Rest assured, I will be studying the info and maybe even fabric shopping en route.  We will be driving south through West Virginia and .  Sounds like quilt-country to me.

I have been trying to decide what my next project would be.  Here is my answer! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:25 PM

Zoe & Judy,

Making the list of all my past present and future projects really helps me keep track and prioritize.  My biggest fear is that I will forget something, lose track of a project, oh my.  haha

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10

I am excited for MQ9, my first one was MQ8 and even though it is not finished I enjoyed the process.  I love that  others are not quite finished either.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

I seem to hit every other MQ. My first was Worms & Jelly Rolls, and then I did Nana'a Surprise...and I participated in the Ugly Fabric quilt. I'm curious to see what the requirements are for this one. If I can pull it out of my stash, I'm in! Hoping I can stay on track and keep up with the group, but that' s been a huge challenge for me lately. I love my little ones to pieces, but they need to go to bed at a decent hour! LOL

Karyn

Page 8 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use