Top 10 Posters

Need HELP for Strata Star Table Topper (Crazy Eights)!!

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 9 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
285 Posts
Points 6,590
didash posted on Wed, Aug 14 2013 11:22 PM

Got the Strata Star Table Topper pattern (also called Crazy Eights)...got the strips sewn together early last week.  Went to get the pattern out to cut the triangles...of course with all the sorting and packing going on here, I can't find the pattern :(  (probably already packed somewhere)... The problem is I NEED to get this finished by tomorrow for a gift so I don't have time to order another pattern :(   Does anyone have the pattern that could tell me the sizes to cut the triangles????

• | Post Points: 35

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 200 Contributor
Female
285 Posts
Points 6,590
Answered (Verified) didash replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:13 AM
Verified by didash

Debbie:

Debbie-do:  you cut 16 1/2" triangles from 4 strata each - need 8 dark and 8 light.  then 4 dark and 4 light 10 1/2" triangles.  sorry, but first chance I've had to answer this question.    

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!  You rock, Deb!  Hope I can return the favor sometime!

• | Post Points: 25

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:09 PM

Diane

Sorry but I don't have this pattern,.   Wish I could help but can't.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,529 Posts
Points 46,455

Diane, I Googled it and found this http://www.gobookee.net/strata-star-table-topper-pattern/  . 

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,103 Posts
Points 110,175

Debbie-do:

Diane, I Googled it and found this http://www.gobookee.net/strata-star-table-topper-pattern/  . 

I also found this link but when I clicked on it from Google my virus program popped up and said the site had reported virus's and not to go to it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
285 Posts
Points 6,590
didash replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:34 PM

Thanks, ladies.  I also did the Google route and came up with the same link...however I got the virus warning also. Not only that, with gobookee.com you need to register a credit card with them to "get any results"...something I was NOT going to do.

I remember someone posting a photo of the table topper - during one of the MQs I think - but can't remember who :(  

Guess I'll have to come up with another gift idea (in a hurry since I'm behind the 8 ball) and look for the pattern after the move next month.  Sure hope I can find it since I haven't "packed" quilting stuff yet.  Can't imagine what happened to it, but wasn't going to start opening every box at this point - LOL!

If the person who has made these sees this post - I think you referred to it as Crazy Eights....PLEASE let me know the two triangle sizes in case I never do find the pattern.  Thanks again!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:47 PM

Diane

Go here...it is a demonstration and she gives the sizes and shows how to put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNE3As-yctA

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:58 PM

The pic was posted Dec 2 by beadywoman.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,529 Posts
Points 46,455

Judy T-Bellingham:

Debbie-do:

I also found this link but when I clicked on it from Google my virus program popped up and said the site had reported virus's and not to go to it.

oops.  Sorry.  I didn't have time to go beyond the link. Darn!  I did notice there were other options pulled up in the search but couldn't follow them. 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,305 Posts
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 9:31 AM

Debbie-do:  you cut 16 1/2" triangles from 4 strata each - need 8 dark and 8 light.  then 4 dark and 4 light 10 1/2" triangles.  sorry, but first chance I've had to answer this question.    

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
285 Posts
Points 6,590
Answered (Verified) didash replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:13 AM
Verified by didash

Debbie:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!  You rock, Deb!  Hope I can return the favor sometime!

• | Post Points: 25
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use