Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065
Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine Posted: Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:55 PM

Hello All - a thread has been opened under the round robin group so we can see how many of you are interested in signing up for RR4. Sign up is limited to the first 25.  Please leave a message at the group site and send a friend request to Maggie, Barbara and Zsofia. All personal info will be sent via PM.  Go to Groups, Round Robin, Sign up. The new rules have not been posted yet but we hope to have them up soon. 

Thanks,
Zsofia, Maggie & Barbara

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

Right on it!

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

I thought more people might see the announcement on the message board. We are very anxious to get started too. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,069
Points 16,380

What is a Round Robin? I have heard the name before, but I don't know what it is or what people do.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

weezee56:

What is a Round Robin? I have heard the name before, but I don't know what it is or what people do.

A round robin (RR) is where each participant makes a center in accordance with specific guidelines. Participants are divided into groups of five and they exchange the center blocks by mail in a specific order. Each member of the group adds a border and passes it on (according to the assigned time table) to the next member in the group. When the center comes back "home" it has had four borders added, one by each group member. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

ONLY EIGHT (8) MORE OPENINGS AS OF 5:30 AM THIS MORNING!!!  A few of our long time participants have yet to make an appearance so I'm hoping they have heard that the sign up is on. Make sure to touch base with people you know who have participated in the past and their names do not appear on the list in Zsofia's first post under Round Robin Group Sign Up. We are also planning on having a waiting list just in case anyone changes their mind about participating after the official guidelines are posted. See you there!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185

I just wanted to make certain i was on the round robin signup list.    i don't know how to find the original post..........

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 6:55 AM

swedeami:

I just wanted to make certain i was on the round robin signup list.    i don't know how to find the original post..........

Swedeami - here is the link for the sign up: http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/round_robin_round_1/forum/t/42540.aspx?PageIndex=1

You can locate the Round Robin group: in the read header click on "Groups" than scroll down till you see "Round Robin" and click on it. You will see all the discussions and will be able to check out the media section to see the previous RR tops.

Zsofia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:25 AM

I've been trying to stay away because I have so many of my own projects, but what's one more! 

Sign me up.

Also Kathy posted this back in July

Kathy:
Barbara, I will be out of town until 8/17, so if your sign up starts before that and you do not pick a specific theme, would you please sign me up.  Thanks so much!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 8:50 AM

Jacy:

I've been trying to stay away because I have so many of my own projects, but what's one more! 

Sign me up.

Also Kathy posted this back in July

Kathy:
Barbara, I will be out of town until 8/17, so if your sign up starts before that and you do not pick a specific theme, would you please sign me up.  Thanks so much!

Jacy and Kathy both of you are on the list!!

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 642
Points 16,275
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 9:55 AM

Hello All- I posted the guidelines please check it out and if you have any questions let me or Maggie know.

Thanks Zsofia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

We need at least 4 more people by August 24th.  Please take a look at the "home" page of the Round Robin group to review information about this RR. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

Now we need three more participants to make our groups even. Some of you from previous RRs please consider joining us. The quilts will be smaller and we have a nice mix of experiences. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Points 1,185
swedeami replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 2:04 PM

can you tell me where to find the list of those signed up?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,820
Candis replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 2:14 PM

swedeami:

can you tell me where to find the list of those signed up?

If you go to the round robin page look under discussions, there is one called sign up.  I see you introduced yourself already. Welcome. You also have to send your info to Zsofia and Maggie. Your address and such. I hope this helps you

MODESTO, CA.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use