Top 10 Posters

Newbie question

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 31 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
13 Posts
Points 260
MLB1128 posted on Sun, Jul 28 2013 5:08 PM

I am a fairly new quilter and I made a wall hanging to be part of a guild challenge.  I displayed my hanging in our guild show but felt saddened when one of the show's co-director's pulled me aside and told me that "hyper quilting" was "in" and that my quilt that had been only stitched in the ditch was not acceptable and I needed to add more quilting to it before the AQS show that is coming up next year.  This is one of my first projects that I designed and created without a pattern.  My question is, can I add more quilting without taking the binding off and taking it apart? Won't quilting it now just create havoc and puckers?  I really like it just how it is and would rather just withdraw it from going to the AQS show but because they need eight quilts to go, it would leave them one short.  Advice please...as a new quilter I feel discouraged.

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,398 Posts
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:46 AM

That is the quilt the woman didn't like?  I think it is wonderful!  I now think she was jealous and just looking for something, anything to criticize.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Points 260

Thank you so much for your affirmations and encouragements.  I just can't tell you how bad I was feeling when I initially posted but with all your encouragements I am ready to get back into my sewing room and create once again.  You ladies are gems and I so appreciate your help.  I hope I will be able to encourage others through this message board.  I feel like I have a whole bunch of new quilting friends!  Thank you!!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use