Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 835
Bama Deb Posted: Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:40 AM

I thought I posted this yesterday but I can't find it anywhere!  If I did, I apologize before hand!  I finally decided to go to a nearby dealer to buy my machine per the advice of several of you gals here!  Thanks I am glad I did.  I bought myself a new Elna Lotus.  Got the girls a Janome Magnolia 7730 and 2030DC.  So far we are ALL happy with our choices although we haven't really gotten to use them much yet!  Quilt classes will be sometime in August.  I plan to buy a dedicated embroidery machine and quilting machine later if we really get the quilting bug!  

Anyone else here have an Elna Lotus?  There were not many reviews of it or the Janome 2030DC because they both came out end of last year according to my dealer.  He and his family have been in the Sewing and Vac business for 50 years combined so I feel like they know what they are talking about.  I know they knew more than I did!   My first machine was a top of the line Sears Kenmore in the 70's.  Did all kinds of stitches and monograms.  I forget what happened to that machine now.....

Debbie

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 13,360

Here's your post- you did get one in there!  

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/p/42347/555231.aspx#555231

congrats on your new machine!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Several folks have posted to your original post.   Neat machine.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,328
Points 241,702
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 2:17 PM

Debbie - congratulations on the new machine!  I don't know anything about Elna's except that Eleanor Burns used to sponsor them - good machine from what I have seen... have fun!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 3:40 PM

Debbie, my friend has an Elna and always had Elnas. She loves them and would not sew on anything else.  I think you made a great choice! Congratulations on your new machine!

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 835
Bama Deb replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 6:55 PM

Angele, I think I am going to really like this little machine.  Got the stuff to try quilted potholders to start before my quilting class!  Got to get the hang of it before that!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 9:35 PM

Have fin and enjoy!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use