Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 9 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:36 PM | Locked

Day's surgery went exactly as the dr. Predicted.  He was in surgery 2 hours.   The removed his entire colon and hooked up the small intestine, no bag to mess with.  It has been several hours and they still haven't let us Ito see him.    They don't have a clean room to move him to, so we wait.    My aunt and I are double teaming mom,so I'm getting a short break.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,671
Points 37,670
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:37 PM | Locked

I have repairman coming out for internet.  Keep having trouble logging in!!!!!!!  Anyway I bought a craft project to make its a litlle wooden treasure trunk don't know if i'm gonna paint or stain it then i'll make a little pin cushion then i'd like to add dowel rod to hold thread spool for hand quilting I'm thinking I'll line it with felt.  Originally I remembered having tinker toys as kid and thought i'd put a dowel piece iinto a round wood piece to hold thread am i making any sense to you?  Have any suggestions?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:32 PM | Locked

Gini

So glad to hear that all went well.  I hope the recovery period is uneventful.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 312
Points 7,115
didash replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:21 PM | Locked

Here I go again...asking for more help/advice!! LOL!  Has anyone had good success with any particular method of removing adhesive residue from fabric (cotton)???

My local fabric store gave me a present today of a huge pile of  "scraps" - although most cuts were just shy of a fat quarter).  They must have been mfr. samples because they all had address label-type labels on them which were covered with fairly wide clear tape.  The address labels peeled off fine...but the tape left behind a residue.  Since the labels were near the folds, if I can remove the residue, it doubles the usable amt of fabric.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks in advance....

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 12:55 AM | Locked

Have you tried rubbing the residue with ice and then scraping it off with a knife.   You might also try using rubbing alcohol with a washcloth and see if that will take it off.  Nail polish remover sometimes will work as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 8:33 AM | Locked

Very heavy rains the past couple days. Now, we are having major flooding. Evacuating home on the north side of the county.  So, thankful to live on the south side, up on a mountain.  The scanner says the rivers are rising fast. Last night it rained hard and for hours. I went to the doctor and noticed as I crossed the bridge into town that the river was just about over the banks. There are areas the police can't even get, too. Some  people are not even heeding the evacuate order. They are bringing in boats. This has not happened in several years. So sad. A dam just broke. Oh, my. Please pray for our residents.

Please pray for nantenn. She is being left alone by her family as they go on vacation in three weeks. She just had a nerve block. They are trying to stop the pain in her legs and feet. Her DS and future DIL are treating her terribly. The situation is so sad.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:13 AM | Locked

Goo Gone Adhesive Remover -- not expensive.  Can use it on upholstery, carpet etc.  Cannot use it on leather, silk and things like that.  Try it on a little corner first.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

The waiting is stressful, Gini.  Thinking about you. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:33 AM | Locked

Things here are going downhill fast. Dams are breaking everywhere. Power out in many location. So scary to hear. But, we are so blessed to live high above the rivers. There are three rivers in Gilmer County that come together right south of town. There is a resident that is missing. This is so bad.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

Sukochi

Flooding can be so scarey.  Prayers being said.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

Sukochi,  what ever is going on in your state of Georgia?  The weather there has been for the birds lately- at least if you are a duck .  We have had quite a bit if rain of late too -along with cooler weather.

It is too bad about Nantenn  I think that her son must be too immature to handle her illness.  She needs to have a support group for her illness that can help her learn how to cope and how to enlighten her family.  My prayers are going up for her and her situation.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

Gini, I guess that I missed what you Dad's original problem was that prompted his surgery.  I know that I had a portion of my colon removed years ago for a ruptured diverticulum and they hooked everything back together, but they told me at the time that if they had removed any more I would have had a bag that would have been permanent.  So what ever it was, your Dad is very lucky and I hope his recovery is short and swift.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:53 AM | Locked

didash:
Has anyone had good success with any particular method of removing adhesive residue from fabric (cotton)???

Yes Quiltless is right, goo gone is wonderful stuff, dissolves adhesive and sticky stuff, I've even used it to get pine sap off jeans. It leaves a citrusy smell and you'll have to run the fabric through the washer after you clean the sticky stuff off. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Sukochi,  what ever is going on in your state of Georgia?  The weather there has been for the birds lately- at least if you are a duck .  We have had quite a bit if rain of late too -along with cooler weather.

Our whole County is now flooding. The rivers will crest at 11:00. Power is off almost everywhere. One patrol car has power lines on it and a tree!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,671
Points 37,670
ls2116 replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

Had repairman out to house.  Problem  ongoing like everything in life , now I have to wait for maintenance guy to fix something on the pole.  How many departments can one company have.

On a a softer note DB is taking me out for lunch though I just don't feel like eating but the visit will be nice.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 9 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use