Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 85 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 83 84 85 86 87 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:24 PM | Locked

Well if I lived closer I would help you CC.  Today I played with fabric and almost finished my rag quilt. Three more rows. Then the cutting process! I'm making it to say thank you to a friend's daughter. Thanks to her I can get my orders and mail in the states sent to har house.  

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:59 PM | Locked

Congratulations Carol. i missed your post earlier. Welcome to the world Baby Adelaide!! What a beautiful name.

Gini I'm glad you got your folding done. I'm enjoying a good chuckle over your predicament. You've seen my house keeping... I take laid back to the extreme, but when it comes to my stash, I can totally relate!

The threshing bee was great fun. we got there in time to meet up with DH and enjoy a nice stroll around the exhibits.They have a wonderful tractor parade, and Sprout thought that was just gravy! He was bouncing up and down in his stroller, babbling away, and grinning from ear to ear. Our former neighbor was puttering around on his 4 wheeler and he cheerfully took the boys for rides (He's pushing 90 and you wouldn't know it if it wasn't for his daughter telling everyone his secret! he looks and acts closer to mid-60ish - younger then her in fact!) I was sad that one of the regular exhibitors didn't make it this year. He has a 1934 Harley Davidson with a side car that he gives rides on. DD is his best costumer. It's gotten so they know each other by name; "Harley Guy" and "Smiling Hat Girl"....  

Now the day is drawing to a close and I am ready to un-wind for a bit before the 'morrow. Good night.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 10:14 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
but it's so well used that it's developing holes.

better a night guard than new crowns and root canal, and losing teeth and implants.  the night guard is cheap easy less painful and way less time in the chair numb, compared to what will happen if he is grinding his teeth down. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 911
Points 17,245
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Thank you everyone for the nice comments about Baby Adelaide!  I had my daughter send photos to me this morning. This was taken when she was 1 day old.

Her little face is a bit irritated from the tape that held the oxygen to her. This is the only time anyone has seen her with her eyes open! 

Mom is going home today but Adelaide is staying in the hospital. Tomorrow she's going to have a swallow test done with dye. She still won't breathe while she eats so they want to see where her food goes. Please pray that the doctors find a quick solution to her problem.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

Prayers sent for baby Adelaide and family.  She is a real cutie pie.  Congratulations Grandma.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

Carol, she is so beautiful.   Let's hope everything comes out well in her swallow test and that she gets the idea of what she is supposed to do and is home quickly.   She is in my prayers.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 10:14 AM | Locked

Oh! Adelaide is just beautiful! she's in my prayers that she'll soon be home where she belongs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Carol, what a sweet baby she is, so cute!  Prayers going up for her that it's a quick and simple solution.  God Bless Adelaide.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 10:41 AM | Locked

Carol, she's just beautiful. Hoping she'll come home soon. Congrats Grandma.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 16,495
Susan replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 12:05 PM | Locked

Carol, Adelaide is really a beautiful little baby girl!!! I will be praying for her and all the family. I bet her Mama hates to leave her. It wont be long and she will be home, too. Congrats, Grandma!    Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 3:32 PM | Locked

Home from work. Don't feel like i accomplished much today but i guess progress was made. 

My face is broken out in a hot nasty rash.I  can't imagine what triggered it. It was sore last night but I put it down to wind burn.  Now it's obvious I have some sort of allergic reaction going on. Even the tip of my snoz is red and sore (call me RudolfI). The last time I looked this bad I was on Sulpha and no one told me to stay out of the sun. At least this time I don't feel sick...  I must be allergic to something at work, but since I haven't been exposed to anything new I don't know what it could be. No matter. Today is my last day in the shop for a while, so it should clear up on it's own... In the meantime Sprout is giving me lots of gentle little pats and making me all better. LOL

DD is stressing herself out over school tomorrow. It's homecoming  and everyone dresses up for theme days all week long. Tomorrow is "Las Vegas day" and she was convinced that she has nothing to wear...  Seemed easy to  me. She has a short sequined dress, a top hat and a feathered head band,  and tacky high heal. All she needs is a feather boa and over the top make-up.  *poof* Instant Vagas chic! 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 3:56 PM | Locked

Carol

Adelaide is precious.  Prayers that she will be all better soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 3:58 PM | Locked

CC

Your idea of dress sounds perfect to me.  All those feathers and sequins screams Vegas to me.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:
This is the only time anyone has seen her with her eyes open! 

Those eyes appear to be asking "Where's my new quilt from Grandma?"

Prayers that Adelaide figures out the eating thing and gets to go home quickly.  She looks like a sweetie!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 4:22 PM | Locked

chocake2:
My face is broken out in a hot nasty rash.I  can't imagine what triggered it.

Something from threshing day?  Do you have any Benadryl cream?

chocake2:
Tomorrow is "Las Vegas day" and she was convinced that she has nothing to wear.

Can she make herself up like a card dealer?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 85 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 83 84 85 86 87 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use