Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 42 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,291 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:08 AM

Going to try to quilt today, this cold is a pain, now moved into my chest.  DH seems good except for an occasional cough.  My eyes keep watering, so I hope I can get them to stop long enough to quilt.  Thankfully what I am quilting is a small thing and I can get it done soon.  Today is our DGD1s 6th birthday!  She is a joy and miracle!  She was born 2 weeks early and would not eat.  She still doesn't eat, she is tube fed.  We do get her to eat w/her mouth, baby food and her formula.  She isn't considered a preemie, but she was/is tiny!   She weighs 30 pounds and is at least a head shorter than her peers.  But she is a force to be reckoned with!  She and DH have quite the bond and she can get him to do almost anything!  But then so can DD!  So we have her party tonight.  At least I can just rest.  Slept in till 8:30 and for me that is great!  

We bought a new vehicle yesterday, it was also our 33rd anniversary.  I wouldn't trade him in for ANYONE!!!  He truly is my best friend!  Love him to the moon and back, 1,000 times!  

Everyone have the most awesome weekend!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 12:03 PM

Dawn congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Quite an achievement in this day and age! Hope you have managed to do your quilting.

Gini glad to be of service xx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 12:05 PM

Ginny sorry iPad can't spell!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 2:21 PM

Dawn

Happy Anniversary ....  that is an awesome number to reach these days.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 3:12 PM

Dawn, congrats on your 33rd anniversary!  What kind of vehicle did you buy, nosy me?  Happy birthday to DGD!  Hope you get rid of that cold soon.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 3:19 PM

Thanks everyone!  We bought a Kia Sportage.  We tried all the crossovers and this one met all of our requirements and then some!  We will get it on Wed.  They had to find the one we wanted.  We wanted a blue.  :-)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,889
gini replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 3:20 PM

happy anniversary, dawn.  i hope you have a wonderful day.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 758
Points 11,375
weezee56 replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 3:41 PM

Happy 33rd. Dawn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 4:02 PM

Dawn:
it was also our 33rd anniversary.  I wouldn't trade him in for ANYONE!!!  He truly is my best friend!  Love him to the moon and back, 1,000 times!

Love this cheery message!  Happy anniversary and congrats on building such a great relationship!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,407
Points 62,030
Bonita replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 5:29 PM

Dawn, sounds like you have a lot to celebrate. Happy 33 and Happy BD to dgd. And enjoy the new car.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,399
Points 45,130

I had to laugh about the texting issue. I text because that is how my children (all adults) communicate. Yesterday it took at least 15 minutes to determine they were bringing their children to my house for me to babysit. It could have been accomplished in less than 5 minutes in a call, LOL, but that is not the modern way. My boss will text me asking me to do something or other and that is a quick way to communicate with me. My son was able to send multiple texts at one time announcing the birth of their baby at 4am, again quick and easy. As far as actually having a conversation, not so quick and easy. I recently got an iphone. I am not on Facebook and will not get on Facebook. My dil posts pictures of the babies on Facebook and sends them via instagram which I receive. So, the phone is worth it to me just for the pictures. A couple of years ago my dil suggested switching my phone to their plan to save money. My phone cost is now about half of what it would be if I was on my own. I have my own data plan and was able to keep my phone number. For those of you who are trying to cut costs that might be something you could do.

Yesterday when I wasn't babysitting I was putting my sewing room back together. My ds put laminte on the floor for me. When you redo the floor you have to actually empty the room. LOL. It was a lot of work, but I found things I had forgotten I had. I found a table runner that is complete except for the binding. For some reason I put the binding on so It has to be sewn onton the front. What was I thinking? Don't know, but I'm thinking machine blanket stitch at this point. I found quite a few kits, pre-cuts, completed tops. Now things are in containers that are actually labeled, what a concept. Last year I purchased a BOM of small wall hangings. I  only did about 3. So yesterday I did most of September's and will try to stay on track. I have to finish a baby quilt for my month old dgs. We are in Florida so he hasn't needed it yet, but it is the principle of the thing. I haven't been hanging out here too much because I just don't have a lot of time to spare. Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 520
Ruth replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:09 AM

I can relate Pat!  My adult daughter wanted to move to a different bedroom, so we painted that room which lead to redoing closets in three rooms plus a wardrobe.  It was nice to pull out the fancy and not so fancy dresses I had made for her!  Bonus was that it finally got me to reclaim a mini-bookshelf by painting it; I put it into a closet to store those sewing items that have little to do with quilting but I need every now and then.

Hope you enjoy your new space!

Ruth

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 9:29 AM

Spent yesterday helping neighbors move back in to their home (they've been gone for 3 years), then to a birthday party for 1 year old grandson, then out to dinner with the whole family.  

I was able to get the borders on Marge's quilt yesterday morning.  My first time mitering borders and it went pretty well.  Of course I watched the youtube video about 10 times before trying it.

Today is pretty well booked up also...breakfast with the neighbors and a trip into Reno with DD2 and family when what I really want to do is load Marge's quilt onto the frame and finish the binding on the MQ6 that I finally got quilted.  Oh well, I guess there is always Monday, unless everyone has plans for me then, too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:07 AM

What I'm up to today will be to go take down all the quilts at the County Fair, it's over today.  Now, just have to find places for all the ones that are mine!  Last year's are still on the guest room bed, would you believe?  Anyway, I had 13 quilts entered this year, all blue ribbons.  But the big one that I hand pieced and hand quilted over several years that I finally got done this year was one of my entries - you can see it in the hand quilting group media - but you haven't seen it's Blue ribbon, the Grand Champion ribbon, and the Best of Show trophy~~so here it is! 

• | Post Points: 110
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:08 AM

Oh yes, the barn painting next to my quilt is also a winner, and it was done by one of my quilters, multi talented Laura!

Page 42 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use