Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 236 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 234 235 236 237 238 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, May 14 2014 4:38 PM | Locked

Busy day here. Sprout is running faster everyday and making more messes as he goes. I swear some days all I accomplish is running after him. Nap time seems shorter and less reliable as well...

Just learned my cousin is expecting. She's do in a few months. Maybe I'll make her a baby quilt. Or not. After all, she's 7 months along and I just heard about it. That tells you how close we are...

My aunt (her grandmother) is apparently on her deathbed. Seems she had breast cancer and it returned with a vengeance. First i heard of that too...  Ironically, the family scolds me for not staying in touch, but I found all of this out from a mutual friend. 'Seems like the sorta thing you'd call about..??

Anyway, please  say a prayer for aunty if you think of it. I'd appreciate it. 

I cleaned out the deep freeze yesterday. Found 6 lbs of liver...  We'll be getting plenty of iron in the meals next week. LOL  Also found multiple bags of shredded zucchini so I made zuccy bread today. The kids have already scarfed that up. and there was plenty of rhubarb from last spring, so I made a pie. Hope it's not too runny...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 14 2014 4:56 PM | Locked

Donna, your quilt reminds me of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 14 2014 5:06 PM | Locked

Thea, do you, by any chance, have FM? I was diagnosed a month or so ago. My GP said I did not need a Rheumatologist but froends say I need to first see a neurologist for nerve studies then on to a rheumatologist. I have no idea which way to turn. All I know is that my left leg and hip have such pain that I must use a motorized scooter at walmart or any large store that offers one. I

can't sleep from the pain in my legs.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,945
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, May 14 2014 5:58 PM | Locked

Suckochi I have Lupus which one of the symptoms I get is FM & RA.  My GP said that I should go back to a Rheumatologist as there are new medications on the market and that I probably need more tests again.  I just hate being a guinea pig.  The last time they ran the gamete of tests and put me on medication it didn't work.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 14 2014 7:44 PM | Locked

Donna, I hear ya. I was put on 300mg of Gabapentin. I got terribly dizzy so was taken off of it. Then after an endoscpe showed that my Fundiplacation surgery had come partially undone, the Gastro doc thought I may be losing blood somplace and that could cause the dizziness. See him Friday for the scope on all that. Getting old stinks!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,706
Points 248,257
Thea replied on Wed, May 14 2014 8:11 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Thea, do you, by any chance, have FM? I was diagnosed a month or so ago. My GP said I did not need a Rheumatologist but froends say I need to first see a neurologist for nerve studies then on to a rheumatologist. I have no idea which way to turn. All I know is that my left leg and hip have such pain that I must use a motorized scooter at walmart or any large store that offers one. I

can't sleep from the pain in my legs.

Sukochi, my story is very long and complicated...I will try and give you the shortest version that I know...

In 1998, I was diagnosed by base doctors with fibromyalgia. I was sent to an RA doctor to confirm the diagnosis... he did not... he diagnosed me with RA.  I was then switched from his care to another RA doctor in 2002 when I was retiring as the first doctor did not take retirees insurance... She confirmed the diagnosis but went further and it was confirmed that I had a ruptured disc in my neck - I had surgery and then 10 months later was in a car accident which ruptured the next disc up in my neck - surgery - this RA doctor then left the practice and I was switched to another RA doctor at that clinic - he also confirmed the diagnosis... he put me on Enbrel which helped me immensely - I could live and play and have fun  - he then left the practice and I was without an RA doctor - the base got me another one - I went to him and he said I did not have RA... so they cancelled the Enbrel and I got sick again... 2 years later they sent me to another RA doctor and he again did all the tests and confirmed I had RA - put me back on Enbrel  - life was great again... then he left the clinic and again I was without an RA doctor - so the base found me another one - I was still taking the Enbrel  - had 3 more months on my prescription - he did the testing and determined I did not have RA - so again I was taken off of Enbrel... by this time - you have to understand I had been going to doctor after doctor for years - the base sent me here and there... I was destraught with my life... who do you believe - so they talked me into going to one more RA doctor - I didn't want to go - I was doing fine - I had my pain medications and I had a schedule that I lived by - if I wanted to do something then I didn't do anything for days prior and my schedule was empty after whatever it was I planned to do for recuperating... but I did - I went to this last RA doctor - he diagnosed me after doing the testing again with RA but he does not prescribe the biologics and I do not do well on methotrexate and can't take the sulfer drugs - so I opted to not go to him.  The base keeps trying to get another RA doctor for me but after all I have gone through I just don't want to open the can of worms..

Because of the RA I have degenerative disc disease, chrone's disease, thoracic outlet syndrome.  The degenerative disc disease has caused irreparable damage to my cervical nervous system and last year was diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis.  The neurosurgeon opted not to do surgery - I thought of suicide but they sent me to a pain management doctor who talked me into trying a neuro stimulator - it stops the pain message from getting to my brain - does not cure me at all and the cerival spinal stenosis gets worse each year but I don't feel it... I could have opted to go to another neurosurgeon in OKC but I just was not mentally or emotionally able to handle starting all that as I was just getting stable from the RA doctor fiascos...

I have lumbar spinal stenosis also - If I want to live normally, I am in tremendous pain in my legs - so to not be in pain I have to sit most of the day - works great for quilting as I sit for that but doesn't do well for working in the garden or doing a lot of housework or playing with the grands - taking them on field trips as their chaperone...

I do okay though - I am tough and strong and the Good Lord is there with me every day helping me.  I have a wonderful husband and a loving son and 3 great grand children a wonderful daughter in law... 

I wish sometimes that it was easier - but this is my life... it took me a long time to be comfortable with the diagnosis and I have been told not to hide under a basket but to be open about it... if asked to tell how I am really feeling... I try hard to be honest but not to whine... 

So that is my story... Fibromyalgia is bilateral - that was one of the ways they determined that I did not have it - my pain is mostly on my left side... left arm/shoulder/wrist - left hip - only thing on the right side is the right knee... the arthritis has gotten worse in that now I feel it in every joint - I wish I could be on Enbrel again but am not worried about it... I do okay with the one pain med I take and the one anti inflammatory  and the one muscle relaxer I take when I need to sleep and can't.  I wish the doctor's could fix me and maybe one day I will be able to say all my pain is gone... I dream of that day... My PMD is trying to get me there...

I did get some good news today - there is no neuropathy in my lower back and legs - so it is just lumbar spinal stenosis which is not a good diagnosis but the one I will have to live with.

See if your doctor can get you to a good Pain Management Doctor - without my neuro stimulator my husband would have been a widow about 9 months ago - 

Also, any of you out there that have read this - write your senators and representatives and tell them to repeal obamacare and get the government out ot the health care business - if the doctors can do the tests and all the tests and not have to worry about all this insurance crap it would be a lot better... we are losing good doctors left and right...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,945
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, May 14 2014 8:47 PM | Locked

I am just so thankful that we have been blessed with each other.  Between Thea, Sukochi and I we are sure giving the pain pharmaceutical companies in business.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 16 2014 4:05 PM | Locked

Well DH came home and whisked me out to dinner before i could write much on my tip but i found it very useful.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,945
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Fri, May 16 2014 4:11 PM | Locked

Today must be confusion day.  Took my first machine embroidery class and my head is spinning on stabilizers.  Oh my there are so many and which to use for specific types of fabric.

Then I thought I'd try a MQ on Missouri Star Quilt Company.  Printed the First Clue and I just don't get it at all.  

Oh well.  I'll just try to figure it out.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Fri, May 16 2014 5:03 PM | Locked

Hi Mamag. I down loaded the direction for that MQ too.

You need 10 different fabrics they are using shades of blue. #1 is the lightest to #10 which is the darkest.

Example Fabric 1 ( 1/4 yard) under the amount you need to buy is what you need to cut out of that yardage.

Cut (1) strip 6 1/2"  this is WOF. Then  cut smaller pieces. Which they call sub- cuts.

2 1/2" X 6 1/2" you need (5)

the next cut is 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" you need (4)  

last you need 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" you will need (2) 

I made you an example 

I hope this helps.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,945
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Fri, May 16 2014 5:34 PM | Locked

I finally figured it out.  Once I saw that () = quantity and # = fabric and to change Step 1 to make 2 not 9 and to change Step 2 to make 1 instead of 8.  Like your grid up top.  Once my fabric comes in I will do the same.  I got 10 different fabrics from the April Showers collection as all the kits were sold out. er for

I got my order of fabric for the Briar Patch quilt from the Easy Quilt magazine in today from Missouri Star Quilt Company and it was fabulous.  Last weeks order from Fabric.com was horrid the cuts were awful and tattered. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Fri, May 16 2014 7:05 PM | Locked

I must've missed something here is that a new mq?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Fri, May 16 2014 8:16 PM | Locked

Hi IS. Missouri Star Quilt Co is doing a MQ. That is what we are talking about.

Go here for my Info http://land.missouriquiltco.com/mystery-quilt-for-a-cause/

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Mon, May 19 2014 9:53 AM | Locked

I just sent an e-mail to QCA - I got two calls yesterday telling me my QCA membership expired in January.  It doesn't expire until October.  On the up side, I do seem to be able to post here again.  Waiting for my Quick Quilts catalog in the mail.  I keep looking at my cousins quilt waiting to be finished.  I've lost all motivation to do the quilting.  Now, everytime I walk past it i just blow it a raspberry and keep on walking.  It's not the quilts fault.  It's actually a lovey copy of Josie's Star, but my machine all have given me guff over the thread I'm using.  I've given in and am using a different thread, but have not had the ambition to get at it again.  Maybe this week.

Not Ranked
Posts 298
Points 4,875
SpringerMom replied on Mon, May 19 2014 11:00 AM | Locked

I got a notice two weeks ago that states my last issue of Easy Quilts is on its way, and I must renew my QCA subscription today, to continue receiving my magazine without interruption. This is May. My membership in QCA is to be renewed in November 2014. Why  would the subscription and membership renewals not be the same? Something is not right here. 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Page 236 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 234 235 236 237 238 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use