Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 22 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

Gini  good to hear that your dad is doing well.  Hope he gets his strength back quickly.

Diana it is fantastic to hear about Bob.  Have safe travels

Karla I know that you are going to be glad to finish up those plums.   Gonna be some good eats though.

Sukochi I have never understood the Bieber thing....LOL 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 8:16 PM | Locked

gini:
and he has lost 50+ pounds.    

Well, that's not how I would want to lose weight, but if it does the trick, way to go!  Is he taking it easy on your mom?

And yes, Missouri is one of the heartland states, and I didn't think of the celebrities there.  I'm guessing that Sukochi's sister wouldn't have been as excited to see one of those old geezers.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 8:19 PM | Locked

Diana:
Took DH to VA hospital for CT scan and scope after his 8 weeks of chemo.  He got a clean bill of health.

Woo hoo!  Have a great time on your outing!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,889
gini replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 8:51 PM | Locked

diana, i am so happy to hear your DH had a good report.   safe travels.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:01 PM | Locked

Sukochi, my Janome dealer works on all kinds of machines, why don't you see if any of them close to you can help

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:02 PM | Locked

Gini, glad your Dad is doing well.

Diana, also very glad you DH is doing well.

Karla, are you bringing any plum jam to retreat?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Gini, glad your Dad is home and better

Diana, great news about DH

Hey Karla i will trade some plums for jalapenos picked a 10 gallon bucket full today.  Im going to bring some of my jalapeno jelly to the retreat in Branson

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

today?  I went to work for the morning.  I am finally happy with a design for the wedding gift quilt for my 80 year old father-in-law and his 72 year old bride.  Now to figure out the dimensions.  Used EQ5, but the layout from the layout library doesn't really say the size of the blocks and the pieces I have to cut.  Got to practice some math.

It is very hot and muggy here.  Expecting more lightning this weekend, and hope it comes with rain. 

Hey, I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday.  I have no excuses not to get something done!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Diana, that is fantastic news about your husbands clean bill of health.  Prayers work.  Have a safe trip.  You guys have earned it.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 10:30 PM | Locked

Great to hear that your Dad is doing well.  I need to lose 50 lb. also, but I am not going thru that kind of surgery again.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 10:44 PM | Locked

Diana, it was so good to hear that your DH got a clean bill of health.  WooHoo!

And Gini, good news about your father, too!

I wish I could honestly say I am near the end of finishing with the plums, but not so.  I still have gallon bags of them in the refrigerators and freezers, and now I'm getting buckets of tomatoes.  The cucumbers are just starting to get a decent size, and the cantaloupes are doing awesome.  Just have one cantaloupe vine and there are 20 or 30 cantaloupes on it already.  I've found a couple of watermelons on the watermelon vines, and a few green beans and bell peppers.  Looks like it will be a busy rest of the summer.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 7:24 AM | Locked

Karla:
I wish I could honestly say I am near the end of finishing with the plums, but not so.  I still have gallon bags of them in the refrigerators and freezers,

And you do this every summer???

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:09 AM | Locked

IS great idea to hold your bobbins.

your nephew will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:15 AM | Locked

Nancy, while you we're touching and buying new fabrics, I was cleaning and prepping my bathroom for painting. Primer and first coat are on I just need the second coat and to put everything back in, and I'll be good for a few years...maybe ten. I went for a neutral buttercream color, a far cry from my sky blue from 10-15 years ago. I think I will like it better. Been meaning to do this for the last two years...about time I guess.  So I hope you shopped for me too. Know that I was there in spirit!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

Sukochi, what a frustrating experience for you. I do hope you get a reprieve in you weather and get to see the sun. I get your frustration with your dealer. My local sewing machine dealer/repair center goes to Florida from October till march! So you hope and pray things will be fine or you go four hours away to the next huskvarna dealer in Winnipeg. Honestly, I like her better!! So now I have a featherweight that I use to piece, my new huskvarna to quilt and piece and a White that I keep at the centre where we meet every Tuesday to sew and quilt. It saves lots of wear and tear on my big machine. 

Angèle  from NWO

Page 22 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use