Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 217 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 215 216 217 218 219 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 99
Points 1,650
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 3:59 PM | Locked

I just had to rejoin this club in order to be able to post anything or read anything. Maybe I'm on my way back! I hope so. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 99
Points 1,650
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 4:00 PM | Locked

This is the first time I have been able to post for weeks. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 16,015
Susan replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 4:48 PM | Locked

Karla, you are an amazing Woman, Mother, Grandma, Wife ! You may not have energy but you sure have The I know I Can spirit . Your family is blessed to have you !!!           Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 5:12 PM | Locked

Good to see you again Elaine!

Karla, just think, you can't complain of boredom, or how your days just drag by....

Dh is off today so we did chores - the big one being hauling his Mother's trash. She's been saving it up for us... for 3 months!!  worse, she had it all piled in her back room because she didn't want the neighborhood cats (which she feeds) getting into it and spreading it around. What makes that even sadder is that her land lord has offered time and again to haul it for her weekly if she'll just call him and let him know that she needs it taken to the dump. We've been going on the assumption that was happening...   

She'd boiled a doz eggs and colored them for a festive center piece on her table. Real eggs, because she says she can't afford the plastic ones (She has 3 bags of plastic eggs in her closet, but she's "saving those for the grand kids") so she figured fresh eggs would do...  She was letting Sprout bash them around, and I said I guessed she'd be having egg salad for supper. "Oh no" she replied, "those have  out a week"    ... I'll throw them out after Easter.  YUCK!!!!!!   One things for sure, now that my son has cracked all the shells, she's not gonna want them around for another 2 weeks!! 

I keep hoping Dh will move her move to a retirement facility, where she'll have better supervision then we can provide (we live an hour away). He keeps saying she's not ready.   At this point, I question whether the decision should be left up to her?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,599
Points 119,050
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 5:32 PM | Locked

Hi Elaine, glad you're back with us. Let's hope accessibility continues.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 5:34 PM | Locked

It's been raining all day so I've been able to get a lot done inside.  Worked on unsewing 5 rows of my Irish Chain (which I started some years ago), sewed 2 Dear Jane blocks, AND - drum roll please -- FINISHED MY TAXES!! Yay!!  My mower was picked up today for its Spring tuneup and I made sauerkraut and Kielbasa for supper.  I've had a wonderfully productive day.  Oh that tomorrow could be so but probably won't  Have to run erands. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 304
Points 26,570
Darlene replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 6:42 PM | Locked

Elaine, glad you are able to get back on here again.  There have been so many who have had to set up new accounts.

Hope to "run" into you often

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,082
Points 16,565
weezee56 replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 7:46 PM | Locked

Karla, My DGS1(he is 6) will be staying over night with us 3 nights this week because Mom and Dad have work and school. His school will be on spring break. So to Grandma house he will go. I love him to death, but he is very demanding, wants me to play with him all the time. My batteries will be on a negative charge by the time he goes home.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 99
Points 1,650
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 10:05 PM | Locked

Chocake, I love your stories! Keep 'em coming!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:52 AM | Locked

weezee56:

Karla, My DGS1(he is 6) will be staying over night with us 3 nights this week because Mom and Dad have work and school. His school will be on spring break. So to Grandma house he will go. I love him to death, but he is very demanding, wants me to play with him all the time. My batteries will be on a negative charge by the time he goes home.

Weezee, mine can be quite demanding also...the oldest one wants me to go outside and play catch or play board games or just plain entertain him...the younger one has always been good about entertaining himself but is very loud and always on the move.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Tue, Apr 8 2014 2:19 PM | Locked

Hi everyone!  Karla you are amazing!

I glad to be able to get on here.  I find that I let my clicky finger get impatient and click again to quickly.  I tried to post yesterday, thought it didn't go, but see today it's there.

I'm glad to see so many familar names and faces.

Got a baseball game to get to.

I'll check back later.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:48 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I keep hoping Dh will move her move to a retirement facility, where she'll have better supervision then we can provide (we live an hour away). He keeps saying she's not ready.   At this point, I question whether the decision should be left up to her?

Often the senior or their family are the worst people to assess whether someone is ready. Is there a social network or health area that could assess her capabilities. Once that happens in my area the people often can remain in their home but with some home care services. Our system works very differently than yours so I do not know if you have any options. DH was a driver for the senior handi-transit and many a person that had dug in their heels about leaving their home would tell him they wished they had made the move sooner in their life. They were afraid of change.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:08 PM | Locked

Agnes:
They were afraid of change
 To one degree or another I think we all are, and it gets worse as we age.   No, Mom won't be getting an evaluation anytime soon,  in part because DH just doesn't want to deal with it. "She's not that bad." He says...  

Thank Goodness her neighbors keep a pretty close eye on her. 

I do think that if she ever does move to a retirement community, she'll be one of those who wishes she'd done it sooner.  She was adment that she would never "waste time" at a senior center, but after her last move put her on the same block as one, and we bought her a gift certificate for a few meals, she relented (only because she didn't want to face cooking for herself)  and went.  Now she's made lots of friends there and greatly looks forward to her time there. in fact she hints at every gift giving  occasion that all she really wants is another gift certificate so she can share more meals with her pals. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:51 AM | Locked

Ladies, today I choose to do something fun, for me!  I'm going to a class called "What's new in Quilt Borders"  it's being put on by the County Extensive Education Service and they always have good info.  It's only an hour but hoping my digestive system is going to cooperate.  woke up before 4 to use the bathroom, and every hour after that till I got up at 7.  Dr put me on Align, has anyone used it?  today's my 3rd day to take it and it is clearing me out.  then drop off the packages for the mug rug swap at the PO and to work at 12. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:53 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:

I just had to rejoin this club in order to be able to post anything or read anything. Maybe I'm on my way back! I hope so. 

Is that Elaine, who was at the Branson retreat?  Hey!!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 217 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 215 216 217 218 219 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use