Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 196 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 194 195 196 197 198 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 5:45 AM | Locked

ls2116:
a janome 6600 is there a stitch regulator available

I had a 6600 before I traded up for the 7700.   Just loved that machine.  But two inches bigger in the harp opening is a lot bigger.  But I digress.  There is no stitch regulator for the 6600 but there is a special bobbin holder for free motion quilting.  The regular bobbin holder has a red triangle on it.  That one can be exchanged for a bobbin holder that has a blue triangle on it.  This bobbin holder makes the stitching more even somehow.  I'm not an engineer but I know it works.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 6:46 AM | Locked

Today and this weekend is going to be a great time.  I'm meeting up with Nana and Lewis in Jonesborough, TN at Tennessee Quilts.  Then to lunch and for them to check out Jonesborough.  They will be coming home with me for the weekend.  We'll be going to check out Pappy' s quilt shop and see what happens from there.  It's going to be great weather so fun, fun, fun.

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 7:29 AM | Locked

Diana, I'm jealous!  Have a GREAT weekend and say hi to Nana and Lewis from me!  (Lewis will say, "Who?")

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 706
Points 13,395
Michelle replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 8:07 AM | Locked

Is, that pain in your head sounds serious! You need to get that checked out, it could be something pressing on an optic nerve.  How long does it last? Are you dizzy with it? Don't wait around for things like that. let us know how you are doing, please. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 8:59 AM | Locked

I was going to wait it out but Michelle I'll be making an appt. for next week thanks for caring.

Mimi is that blue arrow bobbin holder also made by Janome? I know when I call customer service they told me they prefer me talk with my local dealer, I probably just got a bad phone operator.  I'll be looking for that bobbin.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,855
Brenda replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:14 AM | Locked

We went Whale Watching yesterday and saw 4 pods of Gray Whales it rained a little but we need it.  It was windy and cold I should have warn more clothes.  Today I hope to get back to my DJ blocks I am trying to foundation quilt for the first time and still need more practice.  I am having fun.

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 2:19 PM | Locked

I have one cat in the sewing room, two in the garage , all three going to the vet today for their "annuals". Number four is outside waiting patiently to be let in.  Which will not happen until next week when he goes to be "tutored"!!  The two in the garage shed a pound of hair a minute and one loves my husbands shoelaces. They are in tatters and the cats have only been in the house for a couple of hours.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 3:40 PM | Locked

ls2116:
Mimi is that blue arrow bobbin holder also made by Janome?

Yes Is,  I got mine from my dealer.  I know she (Amy Smith) sells them on-line. http://brubakerssewing.com  She's very nice to deal with and has a very lovely store in New Holland PA.  You could also call her to discuss the bobbin holder if you would prefer.  She's very nice.  Hope this helps.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 8:42 PM | Locked

Vivian :
all three going to the vet today for their "annuals"

Calley went in for her annual today too.  Boy, did we get scolded for the weight she has put on this cold, cold, winter.  

So between the vet bill and having the propane tank replenished today, we are BROKE!   I have to keep telling myself no spending for three weeks so that I can have fun in Branson!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:15 PM | Locked

Vet bill for three cats with worms and shots 450.00. I can hardly wait for the shots and neutering for a cat that just "moved in"   Thank heavens I am working off my UFO's and I have enough stash to keep me busy for some time. If I really want to buy something I can always do quilting. If I can figure out what to charge. What have you all paid for quilting?? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 12:20 AM | Locked

I called dr. today they gave me a script over phone.  If that don't help I'll be seeing them next week, they feel its a migraine.  Its really been a long time since i had one I had forgot what they were like.  I'm almost to the quilting part on wall quilt.  Just haven't decided if a quilt could talk this one is saying crosshatch but keeping my options open.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 2:29 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Shed??  AKA gramma guest house??

it's a garage converted into a puppeteers workshop and converted again into a shed that sam and I use when we are in town.  sam is paying for the new bathroom in return for the use of the shed.   it has a shop heater that hangs from the ceiling.  if we leave it on, it goes on and off all night and comes on with a huge bang.  we have been piling on the quilts and sleeping bags instead of running the heater all night.  we have spider friends that I have found in bed with us and larger critters that make noises all night outside our bedroom.   there's a two inch gap under one set of double doors and another gap under the other set of double doors,  I'm too lazy to crawl under the large workbench to check that out,  don't want to know if it is large enough for substantial animals to come visiting.  it is kinda nice staying out there.   there are large windows and mirrors all over so it looks like we live in a tree house.   not so nice, is going back and forth in the pouring rain at two in the morning to the bathroom.  i'll be very pleased when our bathroom is done.

we are home and I have intermittent internet coverage tonight.   sigh..  i'll be glad when that is figured out.  sam is home for 4 days with amie and elza.  elza is practicing  standing by herself.  she leans her tummy against the couch and lets go with her hands.   she is very proud of herself, thinking she is standing on her own.   we have to be right there to stabilize her when she wobbles.   she is practicing her walking ( we hold her hands, because she likes to let go and bend over to practice picking things up   she is just not ready for this stuff, but thinks otherwise) and she has learned to crawl, all in three days.  she went form being stranded on her tummy to crawling across the room in three days,  I thought this stuff took weeks to figure out, but it seems elza is going to do everything at one go,   her determination reminds me of her mother. 

sam leaves next week for seattle then whistler for 4 days.   I am looking forward to getting some things done before I have to leave for branson.  my dad is back to using the walker.  it looks like they want to do more surgery on his back.   I don't know how that's going to fly.  we'll see.  mom has another appointment next week to check her eye.  they're talking about cataract surgery when it clears.  if it isn't one thing, it's another.  never time to stop and smell the roses these days.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 6:34 AM | Locked

My husband just got back from the lake where we have our 5th wheel parked. He had planned on staying at his sisters cabin and doing some ice fishing and sledding. Her cabin has no heat so he ended up putting a foamy down in front of the fire and waking up several times during the night. It was also to cold to fish for long and even the fish thought so. He was a couple of fish away from a skunk!!  He finally gave up and came home the other day and had a loooong hot shower and fell asleep in front of the news. Apparently we are so spoiled, what with the heat and hot water and all. I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that I wasn't able to go. If he suggests going again I'll have to have something else removed. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 2:35 PM | Locked

I've been busy making stew today, and also squeezed fresh orange juice.  Got one more part of applique on wall quilt then i'm ready to sandwhich.  Thinking I might use a twin needle for quilting.  I've never done that before.  Have any of you?  Did it come out ok?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 4:18 PM | Locked

I finally finished the quilting on my art quilt!  Now to let it dry, I had marked the quilting lines w/water soluable ink, and now it is drying on the rack.  I have a couple more things to add to it, then it will be done!  

DH has gotten all the cubbies cut out in the shower and is filling them in.  The rest of the tile should be here by Tuesday, so I am excited for that.  DH is playing bass guitar tonight at church, I am staying home.  

Been in a mood for the last couple days, think I may have to look into taking estrogen.  :-)

Have an awesome rest of the weekend everyone!

Page 196 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 194 195 196 197 198 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use