Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 188 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 186 187 188 189 190 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 12:49 PM | Locked

Eileen:
Nancy,  I don't know if this will help or not but it's a link to the contest entry page as it is on Keepsake Quilting's site. 

Yes, the contest is up and running again at the start of this new week.  This past weekend is the first time I've seen that site go down, so I wondered if it had anything to do with the sale - as if the new owners were saying, "What?!!  You want to give away fabric for life and you think you can make money doing that???"  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 1:09 PM | Locked

My husband is going ice fishing as soon as I am on my feet and my good friend is coming for a sleepover as soon as he goes  I spent so much time cleaning and cooking to get ready for company I'm good for a while now.  I tried to work on my quilt but it seems my back is concerned for my stomache and wants to sit. Which it can, as soon as I get that quilt off the frame.  So, sew for 10, sit for 10.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 1:38 PM | Locked

I took my dogs for a long walk today - first time in a while since the weather has been so uncooperative! It felt good for all of us. They loved all the new & buried smells & I loved stretching my legs. Back to the "polar vortex" for a couple of days & then I think it warms up again slowly, so back to short walks for a while. I wonder if the dogs would like a treadmill...(probably not!).

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 2:20 PM | Locked

Praying for you Vivian!!!  Praying you are back to sewing soon!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 3:46 PM | Locked

Vivian, prayers going up for you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 3:59 PM | Locked

What I am up to today is catching up on the threads.  I got here a week ago tomorrow so I might not get to read all that's going on. 

Yesterday my DS and his fiance arrived with my car from MA to FL with all I'll need for the next 2 1/2 months.  I have my computer, my  sewing machine, etc. and most of all my car.  Poor kids were supposed to get a flight back home at 3 but they've been delayed until 6:30 with no explanation.  Oh well as long as they have a safe flight back they'll be ok. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 4:47 PM | Locked

Today has been a bit hectic.  Headed off to grocery store.  I was going to mail out two blocks but realized post office was closed.  BIL May be stopping tomorrow on his way to Alabama (he is a cross  country trucker from upstate NY.  Went back to store to get fresh burger to make meatloaf for lunch tomorrow since he only gets it here.  Got to get quilt blocks put together for sewing session on Sat. with our guild.  Now to have some supper.

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 20 2014 4:49 PM | Locked

Prayers going up for you Vivian.

Glad you got there safe and sound, Marie. Hope your son and fiance beat the weather back home.

I see that today is Barbara's  birthday. I hope she's celebrating it in style. I miss her posts...  Barbara, if you happen to just  be reading and not writing : HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I made Nana's rolls today, as a special request from DD who seems to need comfort food. I'm sure they won't last very long.  Heck, half of them have already disappeared! My Bossguys stopped in and gobbled up 2 each!! (My gosh, I can't even eat a whole one myself!) I told them they were gonna clog their arteries and drop dead right there in my kitchen, to which they replied, in unison, "We'll die happy!!"  There's something endearing about grown men with frosting mustaches....

Sprout hasn't seen BM1 in ages. He came running to see who had knocked on the door, stopped in his tracks and just stared at Bossman for a minute. Then he let out an ear splitting screech and launched himself straight into him.   LOL  He spent their entire visit bouncing from one lap to another and delivering lots of sticky sweet hugs. He left them with no doubts about who he adores. :)   the way he was chattering away and gesturing,  we decided that he'd make a great campaigner. 

Now they've left and my guys are both down for a little nap.. do you think I'll have time to cut some strips before the Bigs get home from school???

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 8:33 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Glad you got there safe and sound, Marie. Hope your son and fiance beat the weather back home.

Thanks, CC.  They finally went off at 6:30, had an uneventful flight and got to Boston at 9:30.  As for getting home to Millbury, I don't know, they took a van with 4 other passengers.  They didn't say what the weather was like.

Barbara, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 9:12 AM | Locked

Well, how about that, Marie.  I was just sitting here wondering if you family got their flight okay, and you answered the question without me having to ask.  Guess they got back just in time for the deep freeze again.  And the best of all, you got out before you had to go through the deep freeze again.  Lucky you.  Have fun in sunny Fla.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 9:12 AM | Locked

Well, how about that, Marie.  I was just sitting here wondering if you family got their flight okay, and you answered the question without me having to ask.  Guess they got back just in time for the deep freeze again.  And the best of all, you got out before you had to go through the deep freeze again.  Lucky you.  Have fun in sunny Fla.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 1:08 PM | Locked

Been working on my mq9 ,  all sewn and more than ready to finish binding, but I've only outlined stitched because this top was so busy with print I couldn't tell where to quilt.  I hope it will hold up for a while.

Had so many construction callers trying to get spring work I felt like leaving my phone off the hook. gripe gripe gripe.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,594
Points 75,890
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 1:43 PM | Locked

Beautiful sunshine and in the 50's today...should be outside cleaning up the yard and enjoying the weather, but I think I'm just going to work on some of these projects.  Got the binding ready to put on the Lone Star Sampler and have the borders on the red/white/black quilt from the swap blocks that I started at the Oregon Retreat.  Have the fabric for the backing purchased, just need to cut it and sew it to size, then I can mount that one on the frame.  I'd like to get these 2 things done this week.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 3:49 PM | Locked

Karla:
Beautiful sunshine and in the 50's today...should be outside cleaning up the yard and enjoying the weather, but I...

Oh good grief, you make that sound like it is spring now.  Seriously?  ...clean up the yard?  ...winter weather is over?

I'm with Eileen - hunkering down for more snow and more cold!  Negative 26 last night, and the dog and her owners are getting chubby from lack of long walks.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Tue, Jan 21 2014 3:52 PM | Locked

Oh Karla!  50's sounds nice!  We are at 3, we received ice and snow last night!  Was supposed to go babysit while DD had her PT for her knee.  It took me 5 minutes to get out of our drive, and then I got out to the main road and it was a sheet of ice.  I called DD and said, nope, didn't want to go any further.  She was fine w/that.  :-)  So, I turned around and came right back home.  

Made mozzarella again this morning and got dishes done.  I just wish I knew how much salt to put in the cheese.  Just don't want to over do the salt . .. 

Well, everyone enjoy their day!

Page 188 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 186 187 188 189 190 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use