Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 176 of 222 (3329 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,328 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 117
Points 1,965
hhhdmh replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:27 PM

In Southern Indiana we are supposed to get to -3 for the high on Monday and the lows will be -11 not including the wind chill. I told my husband I didn't remember moving to Alaska. LOL God Bless and stay warm and dry. Darlene in Indiana

God Bless

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 117
Points 1,965
hhhdmh replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 12:28 PM

Forgot to say we are also in line for 4 to 8 inches of snow unless they have changed it.

God Bless

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

I had to go to a meeting this morning and sine we in Michigan are expecting up to 8 inches of snow tonight/tomoorow I stopped and bought more fabric and other things so I am ready to bunker down for a few days.  The weatherman unless says our high on Tuesday should be a high on 1 degree.  I am glad I do not have to go out. I watch my granddaughter during the week so my daughter is hoping for a snow day.

Jeanette

Michigan

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 2:32 PM

Yesterday, we spent the day in Reno, meeting up with some dear friends we hadn't seen in years...4-1/2 hours of just talking and catching up.  It was so good to do that.

The grandsons (2 of them at least) had a sleepover last night, so this morning was filled with cooking a large breakfast (and the cleanup which I hate), taking the outside Christmas lights down, and undecorating the tree.  Everything is boxed up and ready to go out to the garage in the rafters.

The boys are begging me to take them to the skate park and I'm fighting it.  I really do not want to spend a couple of hours out in the cold with nothing to do but read my book.  I also need to go grocery shopping as I won't have a thing to feed them for lunch.

I had such plans for today, but, alas, my sewing plans are put on the back burner again.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,040
Points 108,720

Funny...It's usually me complaining about the sub-zero and wind chills. This week it's not supposed to be quite so bad here - some wind and some negative numbers in the forecast, but nothing like you folks in the mid west are facing this week. Please be safe everybody!

I just made a batch of dad's cranberry curry. Haven't bothered with it in years as it uses canned cranberry sauce, which i never remember to buy. MiL gave us some this week (WHY?? Who Knows.) so I put it to good use. When DH and I were Married, Pop smoked a couple capons and served them with this curry sauce at our reception. A fine feast. Oddly, most folks passed it by in favor of the roast turkey and ham platter... Didn't know what they were missing, I guess.  Anyway, they kids will have gourmet sannies in their lunches this week. LOL

I have my applique block nearly done. One leaf to go... Just one. All I need is motivation and time.  *sigh*

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 3:32 PM

Margaret, your new pooch is a cutie :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:05 PM

Karla, take your appliqué to the skate park

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:42 PM

If I'd have cut any of the pieces out or had any appropriate background I would have.  But, alas, I just had to sit there and watch them hit the ramps on their scooters.  Then I took them to Subway for lunch.  Thank goodness it was a decent day, about 45 degrees, so I didn't freeze to death.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 684
Points 10,285

Karla,  I am sure you enjoyed ever minute you spent with your grandchildren, but I agree I wished I had taken something to do at my meeting.  I don't have a lot of free time and I like to keep my hands busy. I try to have quilting ready to take with me everywhere I go, but I have not really had the chance to just cut out the blocks.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 414
Points 8,365
Pat A replied on Sat, Jan 4 2014 5:01 PM

WEll, I am as ready for our winter snow storm as I can be except for cutting kindling.  Brought in firewood, making a beef stew, and egg salad for sandwiches,  bought a Coleman stove in case we lose electricity,  what else can I do! 

Went to the laundromat today to dry all of the sheets and towels from my company.  Son and 3 GDs left Wednesday morning so I am gradually putting things back together.  I think I am ready for a rest!

Pat A. in KY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 8:10 AM

Agnes:

I have fabric, I have ideas, I have several projects on the go but as long as I concentrate on only one or two at a time it is amazing how much I actually achieve. If it define it too much into number or different projects it becomes overwhelming and that puts me into inaction. Definitely wasn't planned but over the past number of days I have left the quilt currently being quilted ignored. I have drawn up a new design while spending many hours on the phone with friends and family. Good for the soul! I have looked back at 2013 and am amazed at how much I achieved. I'm taking the same approach for 2014. No list to haunt me. Just pleasure in the process. 

Angels I love your way of thinking. I will try to focus on one project at a time. I have many ...to do....on my quilt list, like a quilt for my nephew's wedding, one for my older brother and four baby quilts.  So taking it one project at a time will help me focus my energies and time.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 8:11 AM

Agnes:

I have fabric, I have ideas, I have several projects on the go but as long as I concentrate on only one or two at a time it is amazing how much I actually achieve. If it define it too much into number or different projects it becomes overwhelming and that puts me into inaction. Definitely wasn't planned but over the past number of days I have left the quilt currently being quilted ignored. I have drawn up a new design while spending many hours on the phone with friends and family. Good for the soul! I have looked back at 2013 and am amazed at how much I achieved. I'm taking the same approach for 2014. No list to haunt me. Just pleasure in the process. 

Agnes I love your way of thinking. I will try to focus on one project at a time. I have many ...to do....on my quilt list, like a quilt for my nephew's wedding, one for my older brother and four baby quilts before June. So taking it one project at a time will help me focus my energies and time.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,040
Points 108,720
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 10:55 AM

Good  Morning!!

It's a bright clear ...chilly... morning. I hope you folks getting hit by the brunt of this storm are staying cozy inside. 

Today is my mother's birthday. She'd be celebrating #74. Kinda a rough day for my brother and I...

I FINALLY finished the applique  mess I said i was gonna h ave done last Monday. Guess it's only a week late, so that's not so bad... right?

My brother sent me a huge bucket of walnuts from his neighbors tree before Christmas. I shared some with a friend who called today to tell me that his nuts were moldy. (I was pretty confused about why he was sharing that information until I remembered the walnuts.) I checked and mine have gone bad too. Rats.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,291
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 5 2014 1:09 PM

I am sewing, and enjoying the sunny weather. 

I am giving away the pattern above to the first one who correctly guesses my cat's name.   Those who have already seen her on face book cannot enter.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505

Patti, she looks like a Fluffernutter to me!

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 176 of 222 (3329 items) « First ... < Previous 174 175 176 177 178 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use